Well, let's give it some time before I draw any lines in any sand. It's catchy, and I liked the backing vocals, but the lead vocals weren't my cup o' tea. I will keep listening, though. Maybe it just needs to get under my skin.

they have 2 people that sing lead from time to time actually, Ed Droste & Daniel Rossen. I much prefer Ed's vocals to Daniel's, but I do enjoy both.

their albums define the word grower for sure though imo.

So I picked this up yesterday since VC has rarely, if ever, steered me wrong. I've listened to it twice and I am really hoping it starts growing on me soon. So far, the hype is lost on me.

I'm kind of in the same boat. Spent some time with it the last few days and I am really liking it but not sure it's something I will pull out much down the road. Maybe my expectations are too high. I'm curious what their influences are. There is kind of a CSN&Y vibe on a few tunes. They definitely have their own sound. I'm only a couple spins through so I will give it some time. Animal Collective was a real grower for me and this could be the same.

Really boring piece of work. A pretty good example of the power Web 2.0 has in overhyping a mediocre product.

Yup. Not my thing either. Not good. I just don't get why this is so revered.