Wilco on cover of Spin Magazine!

Wilco has some fun in the bun

Posted in Music, Restaurants and bars by Frank Sennett on June 9th, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Superdawg’s Twitter stream is bubbling over tonight with word that the members of Wilco scaled the roof of Superdawg today to pose for a Spin cover shoot (wish we’d thought of that!). Here’s the rundown, from @Superdawg:

“Special thanks to Wilco for spending the day @Superdawg for Spin cover shoot. You’re first people to be on roof for a picture with dawgs! … A fun day with Wilco, they had some food & they spent about three hours shooting a variety of fun photos @Superdawg. All great guys!”

And fan @jessmolnar tweeted, “gave Lis ride from O’Hare. To thank me, she took me to Superdawg. At Superdawg? Wilco doing Spin cover shoot. Good deeds pay off.”

Yes, but you could have been there Sunday when Mancow showed up to the ‘dawg for a dog and shake (the latter was used to waterboard him in the parking lot… kidding!). So, make sure to time those good deeds wisely, Jess.

TOC recently hung out with Wilco, too, but all our writer got to see were their Garden Weasels.

http://www3.timeoutny.com/chicago/blog/out-and-about/2009/06/wilco-has-some-fun-in-the-bun/

Can't wait to see that photo shoot!! :lol

superdawg.jpg

I stopped reading this magazine when Klosterman left and even then it was getting pretty awful. Have I missed anything recently?

--Mike

I always thought Spin was pretty horrible really but it's been awhile. I doubt you have missed much.

I had a subscription to Spin for awhile when I was in college, but I let it lapse. I've picked up one or two issues since and haven't been wowed enough to resubscribe. But it's probably one of the most widely distributed music magazines aside from Rolling Stone, so it's going to be great exposure for them to get a cover story.

I stopped reading this magazine when Klosterman left and even then it was getting pretty awful. Have I missed anything recently?

im pretty much in the same boat so i hadnt read it in a while, but i picked up the dead weather cover story on the current issue and it damn near made me cry. great fuckin article.

--Mike

I have the first few issues up through the early 90s - when Bob Guccione Jr. was running the show. I think I stopped reading Spin the year before Wilco started.

Are there any music magazines worth subscribing to anymore? Or is it a (soon-to-be) dead medium like the 6 o'clock news and the New York Times?

Not that I'm aware of. I thought I was onto something with Paste but it seemed to turn kinda stale about the time I subscribed. It's gotta be hard though to make a music magazine that I would enjoy and still stay in business.