Okay, so after endless searches through pandora, last.fm, and various search engines, I am in no luck. I have done this a few times here before, and you guys usually have a knack for knowing what songs I am talking about, but this one might be a reach...

I heard it on the radio and it sounds just like regina spektor (to me anyways)...from what I remember:

the beginning is acapella.

the chorus or the bridge contains the word jesus.

it sounds just like regina spektor.

I THINK it is just vocals and a piano, if it isnt just a piano i know that there aren't a lot of other instruments.

I am really sorry but this is all i got, one other thing that might help is that I think she says one phrase a lot, but I can't even remember the lyrics at all, except for the word jesus.

Maybe something about a book....not sure.

Sorry for starting a new topic on this, but i am desperate, i dont know why I liked this song so much...

THANKS EVERYONE for taking the time to read this and (hopefully) knowing what the hell i am talking about.

haha thanks for trying!!

It started off just kind of wanting to know what song it was, and now that I can't find out, I NEED TO KNOW!

It is killing me, when I heard it on the radio, I said to myself, "I am going to remember these lyrics"...great try chanman :ohwell

It sounded like it would be pretty popular, but I got nothing.

I'm pretty sure it is contemporary...

it might be an obscure indie girl, but I just don't know, if any of you guys find anything, let me know...

thanks again for trying...

nah it isnt that one either...i feel really bad...not nearly enough info for you guys to figure it out...sorry. If you guys hear anything in passing that could be it, let me know!

More observations:

it sounds A LOT more like regina spektor than that diana birch song.

Also, when I listened to it the first time I was almost surprised to hear the mention of jesus, i dont think it is an extremely religious song...but again, i cant remember any of the damn lyrics.

I know 1234...agh...you know, i have searched radio stations that it could have been...it could have been a schools radio station, i live in amherst so it is possible it was a umass, smith, or amherst college radio....it could have been obscure, but it really sounded like it was something popular...I am at a loss, hopefully i hear it again someday...again, thanks for trying, this sucks!

Edit: I can't remember the radio station either...i am an idiot.

I know 1234...agh...you know, i have searched radio stations that it could have been...it could have been a schools radio station, i live in amherst so it is possible it was a umass, smith, or amherst college radio....it could have been obscure, but it really sounded like it was something popular...I am at a loss, hopefully i hear it again someday...again, thanks for trying, this sucks!

Edit: I can't remember the radio station either...i am an idiot.

I'll guess

by St. Vincent, but I really have no idea.

Have you heard Thao? She kinda sounds like Regina Spector.

Don't know of any songs with Jesus in the chorus though...

not sure if it was in the chorus, it was right before the chorus came in. ill check it out.