It Might Get Loud

August 14 - in LA and NY.

I have read a lot of discussion about this film on another board I am on. I still think it is a weird mix. I would like to see it for the Jimmy Page footage. I don't really look at the other two as guitar greats.

It Might Get Loud

August 14 - in LA and NY.

I have read a lot of discussion about this film on another board I am on. I still think it is a weird mix. I would like to see it for the Jimmy Page footage. I don't really look at the other two as guitar greats.

RU serious re: The Edge????????

RU serious re: The Edge????????

What is so special about him - aside from the helicopter guitar sound?

But I should realize that being a guitar god is not the point of this film.

I suppose I am biased, as I mainly prefer the old British Electric Blues/American Sixties SF dudes above all else.

I suppose I am biased, as I mainly prefer the old British Electric Blues/American Sixties SF dudes above all else.

I like that era a lot, too, but focusing on them would have made a pretty narrow film.

It would have been nice to include Les Paul, but he had his own documentary just a year or two ago.

I think they made the best possible choice of artists when you consider that they had to feature guitarists with a high enough profile that the movie would make a profit. Maybe Eddie Van Halen would have been a better representative of the '80s. I can't think of anyone from the '90s or '00s who has a higher profile as a guitarist than Jack White. Trey Anastasio, maybe?

What is so special about him - aside from the helicopter guitar sound?

But I should realize that being a guitar god is not the point of this film.

I think all 3 have instantly identifiable sound and style which is not easy to do. They all get these amazing guitar tones on record. You have Page kind of representing the 60's and 70's, The Edge representing the 80's and 90's and jack White representing the new breed. I think it makes for an interesting mix.

I would love to see a Page, Beck, Clapton movie but it's a completely different movie as they have known each other for so long. I'm looking forward to the fact that these 3 are really meeting for the first time and it's captured in the film.

I like that era a lot, too, but focusing on them would have made a pretty narrow film.

It would have been nice to include Les Paul, but he had his own documentary just a year or two ago.

I think they made the best possible choice of artists when you consider that they had to feature guitarists with a high enough profile that the movie would make a profit. Maybe Eddie Van Halen would have been a better representative of the '80s. I can't think of anyone from the '90s or '00s who has a higher profile as a guitarist than Jack White. Trey Anastasio, maybe?

I don't care for The White Stripes, so I am not really familiar with Jack's guitar playing. I was unaware that he was considered a virtuoso (which is the term used to describe all three of them in the description on the website). Although there are exceptions (of course), I am not all that crazy about someone using racks of effect pedals, aside from a Fuzz Face or a Wah-Wah pedal. I don't think I have ever viewed The Edge as a stand-out guitar player. I suppose I look at U2 as a band, rather than the musicianship of each separate individual.

From what I have read and seen, it looks like a neat movie. Apparently, in the scenes that show Jimmy at home, a bunch of Led Zeppelin bootlegs can be viewed on his shelves.

I read about the film in Rolling Stone, shit, what seems like a year ago and have been wondering when it would be released. I am excited to see it. I hope to hell that it makes it to Tampa. The RS article made it sound very cool.

I don't care for The White Stripes, so I am not really familiar with Jack's guitar playing. I was unaware that he was considered a virtuoso (which is the term used to describe all three of them in the description on the website). Although there are exceptions (of course), I am not all that crazy about someone using racks of effect pedals, aside from a Fuzz Face or a Wah-Wah pedal. I don't think I have ever viewed The Edge as a stand-out guitar player. I suppose I look at U2 as a band, rather than the musicianship of each separate individual.

From what I have read and seen, it looks like a neat movie. Apparently, in the scenes that show Jimmy at home, a bunch of Led Zeppelin bootlegs can be viewed on his shelves.

Jack's not a virtuoso, but his solos are badass and he has great tone. I'd consider him, J. Mascis, Nels and M. Ward the best of the best out there now.

Apparently, in the scenes that show Jimmy at home, a bunch of Led Zeppelin bootlegs can be viewed on his shelves.

Those are probably the ones Peter Grant pulled out of the various record stores while on tour! From what I read, he would just walk in, grab any Zep bootlegs in the store and walk out. Who's going to stop him?

Those are probably the ones Peter Grant pulled out of the various record stores while on tour! From what I read, he would just walk in, grab any Zep bootlegs in the store and walk out. Who's going to stop him?

I know, right? The dude had multi-colored blood!!

I think Mr. Grant claimed that he had destroyed them all. There is a video clip out there somewhere of Jimmy in one of those Japanese bootleg stores. I wonder if he paid for them?

From what I have read on another message board I am on, they are quite expensive. That is one of the good things about file sharing, one does not have to buy such things anymore. Although, there are those that collect silver bootlegs. I have read a lot of discussion lately that seems to suggest that some bootleg people are now snagging shows by way of file sharing (particularly when someone does a "re-master") and then repacking them to sell as a new version of a bootleg.