Mccartney Gets Back To Ed Sullivan

NEW YORK, NY --

Paul McCartney is going back to the Ed Sullivan Theater.

The former Beatle will appear on David Letterman’s “Late Show” on Wednesday.

He’ll be interviewed and perform, part of a promotion for some shows he’s doing this summer.

The theater is where McCartney and the rest of the Beatles made their famous American debut on “The Ed Sullivan Show” 45 years ago.

It will be his first appearance on Letterman’s CBS show.

beatlesnews.com :)

Will McCartney play one of those tunes the Beatles played on the Ed Sullivan show? That's the more intriguing question. According to Wikipedia, here's what they played at some points during their time:

She Loves You

I Want to Hold Your Hand

All My Loving

Till There Was You

This Boy

Twist and Shout

Please Please Me

I'm Down

I Feel Fine

Act Naturally

Ticket to Ride

Yesterday

Help!

Obviously a few of those have to be ruled out (i.e. Help!) but it would be pretty damn sweet of one of those was played, as a sort of throwback.

Have any of you New Yorkers noticed the difference between David Letterman's and Jon Stewart's home digs? I hope David appreciates it, and Jon is still awesome in his shitty warehouse. (thank you Jon, for taking my question in your preshow warmup last week).

can't be any more awkward than his Colbert appearance was.

Oh yeah i forgot about that one, hopefully dave won't mention A-rod if paul happens to catch a game while he's in new york! lol

But do you know what the Mull of Kintyre is without Wikipedia'ing the thing?

Thought so.

well I mean, I've seen the music video and back when I first saw it (on youtube) I looked it up on wikipedia and Paul's got a cottage/home/studio in the Kintyre place. So I sort of know what it is without looking.

You ruin my fun and games. :ohwell

I'm a Paul nut, though. I've been disparaged my whole life for it, but Paul has always been my favorite Beatle. 95% of the people I know who are into music say John or George is the best.

FWIW, McCartney played Mull of Kintyre in Halifax on Saturday night (with the Halifax Citadel Pipes Band), but I guess it's normal for him to play it Canada (?).

Also noteworthy, he busted out Day Tripper apparently for the first time since Candlestick Park (Aug 1966). Wow.

I could have watched him be interviewed all night. I have heard all those stories so many times but I still get giddy like a schoolgirl listening to him talk about it.

I liked that he did an electric arguments song.