Where Is Country Disappeared?

I worry that "Country Disappeared" and "Solitaire" are going to get the "Leave Me Like You Found Me" and "Please Be Patient With Me" treatment. They're too quiet for the rockin' setlists the band seems to prefer these days (due to playing larger venues, etc.)

I worry that "Country Disappeared" and "Solitaire" are going to get the "Leave Me Like You Found Me" and "Please Be Patient With Me" treatment. They're too quiet for the rockin' setlists the band seems to prefer these days (due to playing larger venues, etc.)

my 2 favs from the new album

The only upside of this is that when they are played, it is a very special and unique occasion...I can see it being like Sky Blue Sky or Shake It Off. Country Disappeared is a quality song. I see Solitaire being played at the solo shows.... (duh moment of the day) hhaha

I think they'll play those songs along with other classics on a Fall tour.

Much like Misunderstood is being played this time around. It will probably be left off in the fall or whenever and something like Sunken Treasure will take its place.

We'll see,

Kristofor

F*CK!!! Also, I read they did Too Far Apart. When was the soundcheck? Around 4?

I went down to the Park at 2 for a half hour or so. Only 15 minute drive.

I also missed Jeff jogging too.

I'll post this later in the Lowell thread.

I skip the same 4 tunes every time I listen to this thing and they're pretty much all mentioned in this thread.

I'm fine with not having to hear Solitaire, Country Disappeared, I'll Fight, or Everlasting at a show.

That said, I'm still fine with only hearing Leave Me Like You Found Me at the residency...

the havent really played a lot of the new stuff at shows yet.. one wing, wilco, BBN & you never know pretty much at every show with deeper down & sonny feeling being rotated. I would love more of everlasting also I love that track.

there seems to always be a one or two songs off albums that never get played in concert. It creates a mystique about the song. I remember collecting Zep bootlegs just to hear songs that they would never play, same thing with Wilco i guess.

Those songs will definitely be played in solo format. Maybe performed in the winter months, they seem like more a snowing-cold outside, snug inside sort of songs instead of summery sunny outdoor show songs.

thats just me.....

ALthough i am quite intrigued by the live performance of Country. I can hear a similar solo by Nels in the song like he does in the Ashes DVD on th Ashes song, long, slow, crescendos,freak outs, poetic.

Country Dissappeared has really grown on me...its very John Lennon-esque.

After One Wing and Deeper Down probably my next favorite on the album. Great example of sparse but beautiful playing by the rhythym section on the studio cut.

The funny thing is I could not stand it the first few times I listened to it. The phrasing of the lyrics on the verses is very interesting as well.