Pitchfork Festival Anyone?

Wow, this place has changed...not a single thread about Pitchfork.

Wear a jacket if you go tomorrow, it was downright cold last night. And come look for me at the record tent.

Also no talk about the demise (or not) of Thax Douglas.

LouieB

I'm going with my girlfriend today. Quite a weekend of music --- saw the Black Crowes up in Waukesha last night. Going primarily for The National tonight. And hitting up the Blitzen Trapper show at the Empty Bottle tomorrow night.

I've caught little bits of the webcast. Had to turn off Pains of Being Pure At Heart just now.. yeesh are their vocals bad live. Looking forward to catching parts of the fest this weekend though

I went. Which sets did you like best?

I loved Beirut. Thermals surprised me a bit. Ponytail was bizarre but kind of fantastic. Blitzen Trapper was close to perfect. The aftershow was good too, but I preferred the set at the park, probably because of the sunshine.

Bummed I didn't get to browse Flatstock properly.

I've caught little bits of the webcast. Had to turn off Pains of Being Pure At Heart just now.. yeesh are their vocals bad live. Looking forward to catching parts of the fest this weekend though

hmm... can't say for the webcast, but they sounded ok live in person. i enjoyed their set.

Thermals were a blast as always. i'd already seen them cover the Nirvana & Breeders songs back in April, so wasn't too taken back by those, but 100% & Basket Case were pretty hilarious/awesome too.

The Lips were just OK honestly. not one of the better times i've seen them musically whatsoever, but still had a great time (impossible not to at their shows)

was at Pitchfork on Friday for YLT which was great but again too short... sounded good from up front. Wish they would come around more. Great version of Spiders performed in Brooklyn with our boys

was at Pitchfork on Friday for YLT which was great but again too short... sounded good from up front. Wish they would come around more. Great version of Spiders performed in Brooklyn with our boys

Oh, that would have been epic. How cool!

The Lips were just OK honestly. not one of the better times i've seen them musically whatsoever, but still had a great time (impossible not to at their shows)

Yeah, I was disappointed by the Lips as well (not to say I didn't enjoy it), but I really dug Grizzly Bear's set.

Did I say this?? I saw few groups, but those that I saw ranged from fun to less than fun. For one thing I think I can no longer tolerate the crowds, so I ventured out to see people less often and spent more time selling records.

I enjoyed Flaming Lips well enough, not having seen them ever. What's with Wayne running off at the mouth and wasting time? The guy has no idea how to pace a show even after all these years. Mostly it was empty spectical, but what a spectical it was. The songs were good and it was fun to see them. Picked up some confetti to keep.

Grizley Bear (called Grizley Bore by the Numero Group guys) was okay. Fucked Up was really fucked up and funny as hell. YLT - this was the second time they played Pitchfork and I still think they didn't translate well to the big venue. Jesus Lizard kicked ass. Tortoise was great as usual. A couple of the other bands were interesting, particularly those with lots of members. I heard plenty of thumping from the hip hop groups. The rest is a blur.

Mostly it was fun to talk to people. Talked to Jim Becker of Califone for awhile. They are going on tour with their movie in the fall after the release of the new album. Very cool.

LouieB

I was there sat and sun. Overall, sound wasn't good unless you were straight foward and close. Matt & Kim had lots of energy, I liked. Most of the music was new to me and not much got my attention.

The Lips were cool and a nice ending to the fest.

playing the Vic 10/6...