Riviera on TV and film

Awesome news, Derek! (Stacy and I both miss the band terribly. Would you believe that when I opened this email, we actually had the Broken Hearted Dreams EP playing?)

Hello, it's been too long.

More than two years after our last show Riviera's music seems to still have some legs. We recently licensed two songs to the A&E Network's show The Cleaner, which aired last night, July 21.

Luckily for you rabid Riviera fans, A&E posts video clips of the show on their website. If you skip to clip #5 you can see the final two scenes of the show that use the songs "Golden Lies" and "Friends in California."

http://www.aetv.com/the-cleaner/video/index.jsp?bcpid=1612750123&bclid=30105645001&bctid=30272594001

The episode will re-air on Monday, July 27 at 10:00pm.

We also recently licensed songs to an indie film titled Riff Raff, which is making the festival rounds now and looking for distribution. We'll keep you posted on that front but check out this short article on GLONO for more info:

http://www.gloriousnoise.com/links/2009/glono_band_on_movie_soundtrack.php

Hope all is well. We miss you.

Riviera

Thanks, guys. The TV show was out of the blue. I think someone who works on the show is apparently a fan and used one of the songs in placement while editing and the producers liked it. Music Supervisor contacted us and they ended up licensing two songs. We make a few bucks and hopefully some people hear the music. I can't complain.

Beltman, thanks for caring enough to post this. I am in Portland now and don't get back to your neck of the woods often but if this sparks a reunion tour you can bet you'll be among the first to know.

If the band references in the TV show or movie make a bunch of people legitimately discover Riviera, then that's great. If it makes a bunch of people like one Riviera song, that's also great. If it makes people think they like the band based on that one song, that annoys me.

If the band references in the TV show or movie make a bunch of people legitimately discover Riviera, then that's great. If it makes a bunch of people like one Riviera song, that's also great. If it makes people think they like the band based on that one song, that annoys me.

I'll take any reason for people to like Riviera or to think they like Riviera. That band is still near and dear to my heart.

I know someone who works on that show

:ninja

"friends in california" is a great match for the show. last season i cut "in the stands" into 2 other episodes as music playing on a stereo in the surf shop, but those never made it to the final sound mix.

derek, i agree with beltmann: those riviera discs are terrific! and now riviera is on the radar of that music supervision company, so maybe they'll use something else on another show.

side note: last season on the nbc show "life" a song i tempted in by mont de sudua made it to the final mix.

i am waging a one person campaign to get some quality tunes, tunes that mean something to the story of the show, onto tv!

credit where credit is due: i first heard riviera on a skyflynn mix, "no pop justice." thanks, kevflynn! wherever you are! :cheekkiss

My tivo hates me (or, maybe my tivo hates Riviera :P). I've been trying to record this one for a week now, and despite the fact that it's played about a dozen times, I haven't got it yet. I think today was my last chance, so I've got my fingers crossed that it'll be waiting for me when I get home!