Report: Bush mulled sending troops into Buffalo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the story on the racist guy?

Edit: I'm talking about Obama.

Do they not teach at your school that it is impossible for black people to be racist?

Do they not teach at your school that it is impossible for black people to be racist?

I have heard this before.

By this logic, being half-Puerto Rican means it is merely improbable for me to be racist, right?

I have heard this before.

By this logic, being half-Puerto Rican means it is merely improbable for me to be racist, right?

It would take some work, sure, but I have always believed you can do anything if you are persistent.

Typical elitist, liberal thought process.

I've never actually been elite at anything and politically I'm moderate to not-really-giving-a-shit-about-any-of-it.

What I do know is that Bush the II expanded a war he didn't have to because he and Dick the Head wanted to finish a war Bush the I didn't, and now I have a dead nephew because of it. My feelings on the Bushes are personal. So far Obama hasn't cost me a family member, so I support Barry the Smoker.

Again with the term elitist being a bad word. Why? (my bold above)

It's one thing to be smarter than everyone else and another to go around proclaiming it.

Typical elitist, liberal thought process.

Given that I tend to be more liberal than conservative, can I still be considered elitist or, say, of the elite, if I’m putting off a visit to the dentist to correct what might just be an abscess on account of being really fucking broke?

Cause even though I’m elite, a cocktail of aspirin and Maximum Strength Orajel® is much less expensive.

But as far as that comment that prompted your response, yes, on the whole, the electorate is tragically misinformed, i.e. – stupid in matters related to politics. If they can be counted on to do anything consistently, it is their unwavering ability to vote against their very own interests.

Yeah, only the USA (#1) has earned that right.

If the US as a nation could benefit from a little humility, why would this also not apply to individuals?

. If they can be counted on to do anything consistently, it is their unwavering ability to vote against their very own interests.

see I don't necessarily disagree with this as much as I disagree with what I see as the implication that those who vote republican do this more often.

If the US as a nation could benefit from a little humility, why would this also not apply to individuals?

Sure. I agree 100%. But when folks elect, and then reelected an individual who has proven himself to be entirely inadequate w/r/t performing the job he was elected to do, twice, and then ask for even more by way of say, Palin, well, I think those people have earned the title of stupid. At least insofar as deciding by which criteria folks should be elected, i.e. actually possessing the ability to do that job, dealing with issues that have to do with reality, or whether they believe an issue such as same sex marriage, a proposal that has absolutely no bearing on the lives of straight folks, trumps all. And since rather than appeal to rationality, the Republican Party has hitched its wagon to a base composed of the lowest intellectual denominator, well, again, I think stupid serves as a pretty good description.

Or maybe I’m just cranky today on account of that aforementioned toothache.

Guest Jules

see I don't necessarily disagree with this as much as I disagree with what I see as the implication that those who vote republican do this more often.

Oh, but they do. They also don't recycle enough.

And since rather than appeal to rationality, the Republican Party has hitched its wagon to a base composed of the lowest intellectual denominator, well, again, I think stupid serves as a pretty good description.

It has? I see the argument with Palin, but not the party as a whole.

I agree that Republicans are not alone in choosing piss poor candidates, however, I don’t agree that it’s a 50/50 split. I’d say somewhere in the neighborhood of 70/30 - I mean, have you seen the candidates at the top of the 2012 Republican list? Some of them are borderline insane – and they’re not the fringe candidates that pop up every four years, but the mainstream of the Republican Party. Sarah Palin alone should pretty much disqualify the republicans from running in the 2012 election, and yet she’s held up as the savior of the party – I mean, wtf????