Report: Bush mulled sending troops into Buffalo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they had actually done this, perhaps re-elction doesn't happen; so now I'm split on how I feel about this.

You under-estimate the stupidity of the American electorate. And not to offend any Canadian, Mexican, Latin/South American citizens who are members of VC, when I say the "American electorate" I mean US, but I assume you knew that. Just covering my PC ass, bitches.

You under-estimate the stupidity of the American electorate. And not to offend any Canadian, Mexican, Latin/South American citizens who are members of VC, when I say the "American electorate" I mean US, but I assume you knew that. Just covering my PC ass, bitches.

We elected a Bush three times, so I most certainly do not under-estimate the stupidity of the American electorate, no matter who they are.

You gotta be PC on VC?

I knew we can be bitches, though.

I can't be the only one who finds that headline misleading.

And I'm guessing if this was Obama, he would be getting praise for his 'unprecedently thoughtful ability to consider any and all options.'

I can't be the only one who finds that headline misleading.

And I'm guessing if this was Obama, he would be getting praise for his 'unprecedently thoughtful ability to consider any and all options.'

But here's the rub...its not Obama so any speculation on reaction is just that, purely speculative.

We elected a Bush three times, so I most certainly do not under-estimate the stupidity of the American electorate, no matter who they are.

Don't forget that we also elected Obama. Does that make us more or less stupid?

But here's the rub...its not Obama so any speculation on reaction is just that, purely speculative.

ok.

I wasn't really being serious. I have no idea how people would have reacted, though I think it's pretty safe to say that at least some people would react to bush and Obama doing similar actions and react as I said.

It's something that has been bothering me; some on the right are now absolutely outraged at actions Obama is continuing from the previous admin, while some on the left seem to have forgotten things that they spoke of in shrill tones when bush did them.

I realize this is painting with broad strokes, but I don't think it is that far off.

Don't forget that we also elected Obama. Does that make us more or less stupid?

bush was an American citizen and not the Antichrist. You decide

ok.

I wasn't really being serious. I have no idea how people would have reacted, though I think it's pretty safe to say that at least some people would react to bush and Obama doing similar actions and react as I said.

It's something that has been bothering me; some on the right are now absolutely outraged at actions Obama is continuing from the previous admin, while some on the left seem to have forgotten things that they spoke of in shrill tones when bush did them.

I realize this is painting with broad strokes, but I don't think it is that far off.

bush was an American citizen and not the Antichrist. You decide

That is politics, which is not to say it is right. Though there are things done by the current admin that Bush did, like give money to the banking industry with no strings attached, that I thought was dead wrong then and I still think is dead wrong. Sometimes if one admin does something you find disagreeable and the next administration does the same thing, it may become more palatable if you get a better explanation or even if the times have changed and the actions are called for legitimately or seem to be. Even the most ardent Bush and Obama supporters would agree that the Bush administration put forth a lot with the explanation that amounted to little more than “trust me” while Obama’s administration could easily be accused of oversell.

As to your second point, I really have no clue as to whether Bush was born in the US to US citizens. I never saw his birth certificate, I don’t recall anyone ever asking to see it either. We simply had to trust him. Though it is too late, I think we should go back and force him to produce the original of a document that is 60+ years old and show it to each and every one of us individually. I still think he is from another planet.

As to your second point, I really have no clue as to whether Bush was born in the US to US citizens. I never saw his birth certificate, I don’t recall anyone ever asking to see it either. We simply had to trust him. Though it is too late, I think we should go back and force him to produce the original of a document that is 60+ years old and show it to each and every one of us individually. I still think he is from another planet.

You know that if you asked for such proof that it could easily be fabricated by Dan Rather on a typewriter?

You know that if you asked for such proof that it could easily be fabricated by Dan Rather on a typewriter?

Or if you believe in conspiracy theories, King Karl could reproduce it on a typewriter and send it to Rather through nefarious back chanels and then expose it to cast doubt on the media... I'm not a conspiracy guy though, no second gunman, no 47 year plot in the making to out a foreign born muslim in the white house to bring the country down from within and Rather screwed up. Though what was lost in the whole mess was the secretary say ing that she had prepared a report just like that one, only that was not her report. Too late now though.

that must be how obama's birth in kenya was reported in a hawaiin newspaper. Ooh, that rather...

RATHEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!

President George W. Bush decided against it.

Bush ultimately nixed the proposal and ordered the FBI to make the arrests in Lackawanna. The men were subsequently arrested and pleaded guilty to terrorism-related charges.

what am I missing here?

I think the bigger scandal brewing (pun intended) is Obama's choice of beer when he meets with the Harvard cop guy to appoint him as the new racism czar. I read an early report saying that it would be Bud, which would be disappointing. I also read that the cop guy chose Blue Moon. Of course he would choose a white wheat beer!

Colt 45. Does it every time.

Dead Hitlers.