I picked up Cassadaga, I'm Wide Awake It's Morning, and Noise Floor (rarities) and i love them all!

I'm obsessed w/ Oberst and need to get more. Please let me know which albums/eps that you would get next if you were building your Bright Eyes collection?

Also, does anyone have Gentleman's Pact? i want to buy it from ITUnes but it isn't available. I can't download any bit torrents w/ my old computer, so if someone has it, and chance of getting a B&P for it please? I'm dying to hear it!

THanks,

Tim

there was a pretty intense Bright Eyes thread going on here a while back where we all talked about our fav. discs. you can prolly find it via the search function. i think Digital Ash in a Digital Urn is a great album. and i'm pretty sure Gentleman's Pact is available on eMusic if you wanna check there for it. never heard it myself but i'm pretty sure i've seen it over there.

You have the good Bright Eyes albums. Now go check out Conor's solo records.

Unless you want angry teenager acoustic guitar music... with really jittery vocals....

Some people like "Lifted", I thought it was garbage but maybe give that a try.

I have both of the Conor Oberst & the Mystic Valley Band discs... they are what lead me over to Bright Eyes.

Are any of the EP's worth getting?

The Four Winds EP is really good. It consists of the song "Four Winds" as well as some tracks that didn't make it on to Cassadaga. I'd definitely recommend that one.

I'm pretty certain "Danny Callahan" is the best song he's ever written. He's been threatening to write a song that good for like 5 years, and he finally did it. It's the musical equivalent of LeBron's 2008-2009 season.

I'm pretty certain "Danny Callahan" is the best song he's ever written. He's been threatening to write a song that good for like 5 years, and he finally did it. It's the musical equivalent of LeBron's 2008-2009 season.

Agreed. Not sure about best, but damn damn good. So good I don't mind singing about a little kid dying from cancer at the top of my lungs and dancing.

Agreed. Not sure about best, but damn damn good. So good I don't mind singing about a little kid dying from cancer at the top of my lungs and dancing.

I love the first bit of the song, but it's too sad, I always tear up at the end.

My 2 cents....

I'm Wide Awake, Fevers & Mirrors, Cassadaga, and Lifted are the only Bright Eyes worth owning, not to say the others are bad, but hey that's a good start.

The Desparacidos album is good, along with both Mystic Valley Band albums (one is just titled Conor Oberst)

In terms of EPs most are pretty good, but for the most part they are on the Fevers & Mirrors side of the spectrum, not the Mystic Valley Band/Cassadaga sound. IMO the Lua EP and Cassadaga EP are both A+

I love it because it's so sad. It's such a perfect portrayal of a heartbreaking situation, and he nails it.

One song that definitely gives it a run for its money, imo, is Light Pollution. I just love the story in that song too, and the end is awesome.