Got a new tattoo to help with my grief (PIC Fixed)

I wonder how GON would react if someone had gone in the DFW thread and said "yeah! Sweet, best news ever."

I hope he'd see a darkly humored joke for what it is or was, a joke. Not to mention the fact that this thread has nothing to do with the death of Dane Cook, who, unless I’m mistaken, is alive and well.

And besides, DFW was nowhere near as annoying or undeservedly ubiquitous as Dane Cook - the new(ish) Carrot Top.

So if 2 days after DFW died someone had gone into the thread you made and said "God damn, I'm glad that no talent, pill popping cocksucker is dead. Good riddance" you wouldn't have gone on a long diatribe and berated them?

Interesante.

So if 2 days after DFW died someone had gone into the thread you made and said "God damn, I'm glad that no talent, pill popping cocksucker is dead. Good riddance" you wouldn't have gone on a long diatribe and berated them?

Interesante.

Did I say something to that effect? And it’s interesante that you’ve chosen to ignore the other posts poking fun at MC whatever his name is’s expense - someone who actually did die. I made a dumb joke about Dane Cook, who happens to be alive. The only reason I even mentioned Cook, is because the tattoo bears a slight resemblance to him.

Had I come in here and said “God damn, I’m glad that no talent, pill popping cocksucking DJ is dead. Good riddance.” I’d see your point - but I didn’t. So I don’t see a connection.

Sometimes a joke is just a joke. There are so many tasteless, off colored jokes made on this forum, that it amazes me you would even bother to take time out of your day to single one out.

In summation:

Joking about someone dying is bad.

Bitching about somebody joking about somebody dying is bad and hypersensitive.

But, everybody does it. Um... both of "it".

So, who the hell cares?

Oh, and I still have no idea who DJ AM is.

several years ago, i think it was when Ray Charles died, i don't remember, but 2 celebrities died and i quipped 'wonder who's next...they always go in 3s' and was called Suzy Sunshine...told I was a morbid pessimist that was insensitive.

i think people are too sensitive.

Every once in awhile, a thread comes around VC that shows that we'll apparently create an argument/conflict over just about anything.

I think you’re right – we’re arguing over the appropriateness of the reaction to the death of someone who’s not actually dead.