I surely hope Jeff doesn't read this board

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to get another post in before Crow closes this. :D

Not gonna happen...I'm into being punished today.

I especially enjoy being scolded by speedracer and a-man

There's a difference between shooting the shit, stirring the shit, and talking shit. I'm all for the first one, and think VC is a great place for that 99% of the time.

I agree with VC that we could all stand to be a little less dramatic sometimes. I think that one of the easiest ways to do that is to refrain from starting threads that are, essentially, laundry lists of VC negativity - baiting people for a response, whether intended humorously or not.

Just my opinion.

You keep posting that you don't like the post.

I get it. You, MP and A-man don't like it.

It will go away if you stop posting in it.

Damn, just when I thought I had a knack for your thread-closing stylings. :lol

A fella's got to keep an air of mystery and unpredictability

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

- :pirate

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Legend has it that a former board member did so. It may be an urban myth, but I was around the board at that time, and I wouldn't be surprised if the purported culprit did such an act.

The legend is, as is often the case, less shocking than reality.

The incident occurred, but it was a joke that was appreciated by all parties involved.

The incident occurred, but it was a joke that was appreciated by all parties involved.

:blink who appreciates poop being sent to their house?

With tongue in cheek I post the following missive.

I know Jeff has actually posted here once in response to a ridiculous claim that he plaigarized his lyrics from an obscure poet. (Which some of you bought hook line and sinker and were rather indignant about it.) But I hope he maintains the good sense of humor he exhibited then if he has been reading the last year or so.

According to some here, the following items are canon (gotta keep Cryptique happy):

Jay Bennett was the true genius behind the Wilco Classics

Nels Cline noodles too much

Nels Cline isn't allowed to cut loose enough

Glenn should be bored playing with the band...too many old guys

A Ghost is Born is terrible...no wait it's a classic

Sky Blue Sky is the worst record ever...but the individual songs are great

Solitaire rips off Good Vibrations

The guitar lick in You Never Know is outright theft...no homage there buddy

Wilco is now a jam band just like Phish and the Grateful Dead

Sky Blue Sky and Wilco (The Album) should have been edited into one record

Wilco should cover some other artist's record in its entireity because they are boring live

Wilco is simply a band on the creative decline (my favorite all time knee jerk, bat shit crazy post of all time)

Jeff is such an ego maniac he will force Nels out of the band

The 50 repetitions of 'I don't care anymore' in You Never Know ruin the song. (Wait...it's only 16 times...doesn't matter. It still grates).

Wilco sold out by allowing songs to be used in Volkswagen commercials...oh wait a minute. Ray Lamontagne did it for a bank? Feist? The Flaming Lips? Well, uh, doesn't matter...Wilco's sell out was more sell outy.

(and from Alan's reminder) Jeff hasn't written a good song nor made a good album since he kicked the pain killers

The internets is the new Wild Wild West. If you don't keep a little perspective, you end up screaming at your laptop.

well put. i've been known to say ridiculous, reactionary things here. it's no good for anyone. one of my goals in the next few weeks is to take a break from the internet. i really can't think of anything good that's come of it, other than making anxious about ridiculous things.

well put. i've been known to say ridiculous, reactionary things here. it's no good for anyone. one of my goals in the next few weeks is to take a break from the internet. i really can't think of anything good that's come of it, other than making anxious about ridiculous things.

I agree to disagree: for many people out there Wilco has come of it

just so i understand you, some of the criticism is warranted? seriously, just tryin' to understand. you're probably right.

I agree to disagree: for many people out there Wilco sex has come of it

At least I've never mailed a package of poop to anybody.

Legend has it that a former board member did so. It may be an urban myth, but I was around the board at that time, and I wouldn't be surprised if the purported culprit did such an act

Whoah