I surely hope Jeff doesn't read this board

btw: Tweedy just sent me a PM, he's actually here and posting as futureage1, these are just the facts.

:lol I had a funny feeling that was the case!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some days here the grade is certainly steeper than others. ;

Confusing those is something I'm want to do. ;).

Steely Dan is boring.

I'm have My Old School on right now, doesn't sound boring to me at all. Maybe I'm not listening hard enough.

--Mike

btw: Tweedy just sent me a PM, he's actually here and posting as futureage1, these are just the facts.

Are you sure?

I am a little OCD about fact checking :blink , so went and cross-referenced futureage1's posts with Wilco's show schedule on wilcobase.com.

Some of the dates overlap. The one that stands out the most is on April 15 when Wilco did the photo shoot for (the Album) in Milwaukee, followed by a show at Pabst that night -- futureage1 posted 15 times that day.

I don't know whether the time listed is their local time or mine (I'm on Greenwich Mean), so can't say if the posts were during actual show times. It IS possible that Tweedy finds time to debate politics here in between his rock-n-roll duties. But, I am a skeptic by nature.

Why would you "out" him anyway, if you knew for sure? If futureage1 IS Tweedy, he won't be able to post as an equal in these forums now. It was kinda nice to be able to imagine everyone here to be a possible Tweedy.

Jeff totally reads the board. Remember when he name dropped "Froggie" in Australia?

Also at a Toronto show right after the Volkswagen fiasco Jeff wore a black shirt that said "SELL OUT" that he revealed during the Hummingbird dance.

Are you sure?

I am a little OCD about fact checking :blink , so went and cross-referenced futureage1's posts with Wilco's show schedule on wilcobase.com.

Some of the dates overlap. The one that stands out the most is on April 15 when Wilco did the photo shoot for (the Album) in Milwaukee, followed by a show at Pabst that night -- futureage1 posted 15 times that day.

I don't know whether the time listed is their local time or mine (I'm on Greenwich Mean), so can't say if the posts were during actual show times. It IS possible that Tweedy finds time to debate politics here in between his rock-n-roll duties. But, I am a skeptic by nature.

Why would you "out" him anyway, if you knew for sure? If futureage1 IS Tweedy, he won't be able to post as an equal in these forums now. It was kinda nice to be able to imagine everyone here to be a possible Tweedy.

:lol. I like you, kid, you've got potential.

--Mike

With tongue in cheek I post the following missive.

I know Jeff has actually posted here once in response to a ridiculous claim that he plaigarized his lyrics from an obscure poet. (Which some of you bought hook line and sinker and were rather indignant about it.) But I hope he maintains the good sense of humor he exhibited then if he has been reading the last year or so.

According to some here, the following items are canon (gotta keep Cryptique happy):

Jay Bennett was the true genius behind the Wilco Classics

Nels Cline noodles too much

Nels Cline isn't allowed to cut loose enough

Glenn should be bored playing with the band...too many old guys

A Ghost is Born is terrible...no wait it's a classic

Sky Blue Sky is the worst record ever...but the individual songs are great

Solitaire rips off Good Vibrations

The guitar lick in You Never Know is outright theft...no homage there buddy

Wilco is now a jam band just like Phish and the Grateful Dead

Sky Blue Sky and Wilco (The Album) should have been edited into one record

Wilco should cover some other artist's record in its entireity because they are boring live

Wilco is simply a band on the creative decline (my favorite all time knee jerk, bat shit crazy post of all time)

Jeff is such an ego maniac he will force Nels out of the band

The 50 repetitions of 'I don't care anymore' in You Never Know ruin the song. (Wait...it's only 16 times...doesn't matter. It still grates).

Wilco sold out by allowing songs to be used in Volkswagen commercials...oh wait a minute. Ray Lamontagne did it for a bank? Feist? The Flaming Lips? Well, uh, doesn't matter...Wilco's sell out was more sell outy.

(and from Alan's reminder) Jeff hasn't written a good song nor made a good album since he kicked the pain killers

The internets is the new Wild Wild West. If you don't keep a little perspective, you end up screaming at your laptop.

I hesitate to say this, but what you are doing Mr. Crow is not really helping the situation. If you do something over and over again, and it upsets people, "I am only joking" does not really work after a while. I have noticed that you have been posting such things a lot as of late.

What I have learned is that if someone makes it a point to constantly note such negativity, then ultimately they are really just creating more negative space. It's best to just let it go. If no one responds to such posts, or post in a thread that is clearly bullshit, then it will sink out of sight. I don't say this to jump on you, but rather to get you to see what you are doing. Or at least, that is how I see it. I learned to let go of some things around here and so can you.

I hesitate to say this, but what you are doing Mr. Crow is not really helping the situation. If you do something over and over again, and it upsets people, "I am only joking" does not really work after a while. I have noticed that you have been posting such things a lot as of late.

What I have learned is that if someone makes it a point to constantly note such negativity, then ultimately they are really just creating more negative space. It's best to just let it go. If no one responds to such posts, or post in a thread that is clearly bullshit, then it will sink out of sight. I don't say this to jump on you, but rather to get you to see what you are doing. Or at least, that is how I see it. I learned to let go of some things around here and so can you.

Who knows A-man.

Some people maganged to get into the spirit of the thing...LouieB knows how to play.

And by the way...only mpolak21 and Speedracer were the only posters in this thread who could remotely be considered upset. And seems like they get upset a lot (at least with me).

At least I've never mailed a package of poop to anybody.

someone did that?

Legend has it that a former board member did so. It may be an urban myth, but I was around the board at that time, and I wouldn't be surprised if the purported culprit did such an act.

There's a little interview between Jeff and Fred Armisen where he talks about Googlebating himself:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=3425517

Anyone notice Jeff's mega pitstain?

:stunned

As asinine as this comment is, it's hard for me to distinguish that from so much of the other bickering about how "boring" Wilco has become.

It's like, alright already...that genre of banter was boring before it started. Move on!

Great post, CDM. I've noticed the same uhh, 'diverse' opinions here. Not an easy crowd to please as a collective. You forgot one, the proverbial 'Wilco has sucked since Summerteeth, but I keep coming back to VC to annoy you guys.' Jeff gets a special kick out of that one.

I still like this forum better than any other band-specific board, mostly because most of us don't hyperfocus on one issue relentlessly. There is plenty of obsessiveness and weirdness here to be sure. But plenty of 'normal' ppl too, the types who'd be afraid to post on the Dylan or NY sites lest they be crucufied. And enough broadmindedness and broad music knowledge to make it fun, if often cheeky.

The contradiction became clear to me when I went to the Toronto screening of AOAF at hot docs festival...a full house of Wilco people (maybe 600-700) nearly all of them looking kind of sheepish and embarassed to be fans of the best band on the planet. Like we were too cool to be there, or had just been outed as hipsters. lol

It matters not.

W(TF)

I thought "Lotti"... :stunned :w00t LOL :omg :D

It's fun sometimes reading all the stuff good and bad. If JT does read I'm sure he gets a laugh sometimes too (or a WTF???)

Either way, we do live in a "Free Will" world and we all have opinions good and bad.

I'm just grateful that Wilco(the band) exists and makes music!! That being said, Wilco please come back to Georgia (I need another fix :stunned ) :cheekkiss

I remember hearing about Jeff asking people after a show what their VC aliases were. I haven't bothered bringing up VC to him, because there are a zillion things I'd rather chat with him about during the tiny windows of opportunity I've had to meet him.

I mentioned it to John once years and years ago and he was absolutely and unequivocally not a fan of this place. It's not a real head-scratcher as to why given how rude and disrespectful some people are.

I remember hearing about Jeff asking people after a show what their VC aliases were. I haven't bothered bringing up VC to him, because there are a zillion things I'd rather chat with him about during the tiny windows of opportunity I've had to meet him.

I mentioned it to John once years and years ago and he was absolutely and unequivocally not a fan of this place. It's not a real head-scratcher as to why given how rude and disrespectful some people are.

I guess Black Witcher shouldn't look for any Christmas cards...

Who knows A-man.

Some people maganged to get into the spirit of the thing...LouieB knows how to play.

And by the way...only mpolak21 and Speedracer were the only posters in this thread who could remotely be considered upset. And seems like they get upset a lot (at least with me).

At least I've never mailed a package of poop to anybody.

I see. You are just stirring up shit for the hell of it. I guess you can do that as long as you can get away with it.

Online forums are different things to different people. Aman is the straight shooter type who wants to cut through the BS and find relevant info. For others it's more like sitting around in a bar shooting the shit. Time well wasted.

I see. You are just stirring up shit for the hell of it. I guess you can do that as long as you can get away with it.

It's almost like we're speaking different lanugages. :unsure

Aman likes to have fun here too. I can see where he sees a difference between having fun and reinforcing negativity.

Hey, no one here has had more dust ups with Crow than I have. But I do enjoy his posts and personality much of the time. He has admitted (bravely) that he wrestles with darkness. We all do, of course. And sometimes it manifests in negativity here.

I know I type a lot of bullshit on this board. I try not to - I have on many occasions admonished myself after posting in a hot-headed manner. I don't like how it makes me feel. Sometimes I delete my posts.

I do think this place needs to be less dramatic sometimes.

Aman likes to have fun here too. I can see where he sees a difference between having fun and reinforcing negativity.

Hey, no one here has had more dust ups with Crow than I have. But I do enjoy his posts and personality much of the time. He has admitted (bravely) that he wrestles with darkness. We all do, of course. And sometimes it manifests in negativity here.

I know I type a lot of bullshit on this board. I try not to - I have on many occasions admonished myself after posting in a hot-headed manner. I don't like how it makes me feel. Sometimes I delete my posts.

I do think this place needs to be less dramatic sometimes.

Hell...I thought I was being Jackie Mason and I ended up Charlie Manson. See...that was the victim mentality talking.

I was trying to encourage a little perspective by pointing out what I see as contrariness with humor.

I either succeeded mightlily or failed terribly.

I guess I won't count on any shoutouts or christmas cards... :monkey

Edited by Crow Daddy Magnus®
Guest Speed Racer

For others it's more like sitting around in a bar shooting the shit. Time well wasted.

There's a difference between shooting the shit, stirring the shit, and talking shit. I'm all for the first one, and think VC is a great place for that 99% of the time.

I agree with VC that we could all stand to be a little less dramatic sometimes. I think that one of the easiest ways to do that is to refrain from starting threads that are, essentially, laundry lists of VC negativity - baiting people for a response, whether intended humorously or not.

Just my opinion.