I surely hope Jeff doesn't read this board

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is that weird lookin broad in your avatar?

Now that's not a very nice post. This is the kind of unwarranted nastiness that will get me to close my thread :realmad

A ). She's not weird lookin'

B ). Are you sure that's not Speed Racer?

C ). I think she's cute

However, I do associate the posters with their avatars...but I am not a caveman

Guest Speed Racer

Do you think Feiss was stoned or was she on "allergy meds" as she claimed? It says a lot about our current generation that this is the sort of thing we have to occupy our brain cells with.

I have no idea. :lol I do know that the commercial was edited with pure genius, to highlight and combine some of her stoniest moments. My favorte part of the commercial is her "neck roll" at 0:20-0:21.

I came across that commercial in 2002 when I was also writing a paper on the PC and then, like, half my paper was gone (it was a really good paper). And then I had to write it again and I had to do it fast so it wasn't as good. Then I saw that commercial and, under those circumstances, developed a true infatuation for her and Macs. And then I made her my avatar on another board. And then it stuck. And now I'm ten years older than she was when she made that commercial. Yowzer. But I love that commercial - the music is really what seals the deal.

Edited to add: My girlfriend's cats spent the summer with me, during which I realized I am moderately allergic to cats now. After a few afternoons of erratic behavior on Benadryl, I do find her claim to be semi-plausible. But I have also acted similarly (and considerably more tv-worthy) on illicit substances. So there's that.

Ellen Feiss: "I was writing a paper, on the PC..."

HEH

I would add the following things I've learned from this thread

Sometimes getting poop in the mail can be "a joke that was appreciated by all parties involved"

People still get pissed off about Wilco's tour schedule

Never take cold medicine before shooting a commercial

Vaginas trump pcs

I won't be getting Christmas cards from A-Man or Speedracer...

Guest Speed Racer

Sometimes getting poop in the mail can be "a joke that was appreciated by all parties involved"

I won't be getting Christmas cards from A-Man or Speedracer...

Let's not count our eggs before they hatch. :lol

Guest Speed Racer

ellen_feiss_apple_bong.jpg

I have always been incredibly impressed with the fact that, though she went viral and was invited to appear on several talk shows, had magazine feature solicitations and several fan websites (and mugs and t-shirts and lord knows what) she never, ever tried to capitalize on any of that. She did one interview, two or three years ago, and that was it. She was one of the few people to go viral and not cash in on it (aside from the commercial, of course).

She has nice lips.

Now that's not a very nice post. This is the kind of unwarranted nastiness that will get me to close my thread :realmad

You'd close the thread over that question? You're a weird bird man.

Guest Speed Racer

You'd close the thread over that question? You're a weird bird man.

You asked me who the "weird lookin broad" was in my picture without any idea who that person was or what their relationship was to me. "Broad" is not only a relatively derrogatory term, but it's also outdated by about three decades. If you're going to be rude, the very least you can do is be 21st century rude.

You asked me who the "weird lookin broad" was in my picture without any idea who that person was or what their relationship was to me. "Broad" is not only a relatively derrogatory term, but it's also outdated by about three decades. If you're going to be rude, the very least you can do is be 21st century rude.

Exactly my point.

I didn't remember Ellen Feiss, but the tone of Alan's post could have led to much nastiness.

It could have been a picture of you, your daughter, your deceased sister...

I have read this whole thread, and still hope Jeff reads the board. Reason being, he can stress less about shows.

WE'RE ALL DOUCHEBAGS OUT HERE, TWEEDY. IT'S OK IF YOU JUST PLAY THE INTRO TO SPIDERS ALL NIGHT.

Um, actually, don't do that last part. But still, I do think this thread reinforces that no matter what they do, Wilco will get shit, so just keep doing whatever the fuck you want, man.

no matter what they do, Wilco will get shit, so just keep doing whatever the fuck you want, man.

And no matter what they do, they'll get praise from a certain faction of the fanbase as well.