Built To Spill - There Is No Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/builttospill

i've had a watermarked promo of this for the last couple weeks and it's a really nice record. sure it's not going to unseat KILAS, PFNO, or TNWWL, but it fits nicely in their catalog and has a ton of really great pop songs. not nearly as expansive/crazy musically like the last album was tho, but still some really nice guitar work on a few songs.

i f'n love the horns on a couple songs on the record (esp. Life's A Dream)

:cheers

:music

I am a huge BTS fan so I could be a little biased but...

I love this album.

Life's a Dream is up there with one of their best songs.

I really like the way the album sounds, and every song is unique and special in its own way.

Great stuff.

Tempted to go to the show tonight.

Never seen them before... Good in concert?

imo, verrrrrrrry.

don't go in expecting much movement or banter onstage, but if you dig great musicianship and some scorching guitar work, i can't see not enjoying a BTS show

imo, verrrrrrrry.

don't go in expecting much movement or banter onstage, but if you dig great musicianship and some scorching guitar work, i can't see not enjoying a BTS show

Ok - Thanks K.

Yoga at 8. Lee's Palace at 10.

Just got a ticket for their show in N.C. as I'll be passing through that night. I'm very excited as it will be my first time seeing them. I didn't get into them until the last album but quickly went back and picked up a few earlier albums.

I went out to pick up the There Is No Enemy on vinyl today but the two stores I went to didn't have it. Anyone pick the lp up yet?

I can't believe I missed this coming out, I'm a huge BTS fan. Will pick it up soon, glad to hear everyone is digging it.. I previewed it through itunes and liked what I heard. For you that have seen them recently, was that on the dinosaur jr tour? If so who is headlining that?

Thanks,

SG