They are obsessed with these guys.

Between the 2 of them, they have purchased every CD, including B-sides and remixes. And my oldest even has the "official autobiography:

51q-Q7Nl1ZL.jpg

Love their music or hate it, I am impressed with the mythology and backstory that these guys have created for this project. And I'm enjoying the hell out of watching my kids get so into this music that is pretty challenging for most 8 and 10-year-olds. It's fun.

Plus: I like the music, too. And I'm enjoying getting them into Blur because of this.

And, my 8-year-old is going as 2D (the Albarn character) for Halloween.

My wife is actually a huge Albarn fan. She loves Gorillaz, Blur, Good the bad and the Queen. I can appreciate the Gorillaz but I never find myself grabbing those CD's for a listen. I did not realize there was much of a backstory.

Gorillaz are great, Blur are great and GTBTQ are too! I had the pleasure of seeing the Gorillaz on their first tour and also at the Deamon Days shows at the Apollo in NYC which was incredible! All the guest from the Deamon Days album were there except Dennis Hopper and the rapper from November Has Come at the show I saw...still that is like 70 special guest! Anyhoo I have the D-sides and Rokit gets played oftent! That song gives me a laugh!

I also saw GTBTQ and Blur in their last sweep through NYC. Damon Albarn is a very underated songwritter and is one of my all time favorites just after Stipe, Yorke and Tweedy!

• 5 months later...

Love the whole mythology of it. Music is pretty damn fine too. I loved Blur a whole lot for a while there. From Modern Life Is Rubbish, Parklife, parts of The Great Escape up to Think Tank which didn't do much for me. The new Gorillaz album sounds good too on first listen.

Love the whole mythology of it. Music is pretty damn fine too. I loved Blur a whole lot for a while there. From Modern Life Is Rubbish, Parklife, parts of The Great Escape up to Think Tank which didn't do much for me. The new Gorillaz album sounds good too on first listen.

Yes to all.

i love the gorillaz, never really listened to blur. outside of a few songs here & there.

I really got into Blur with the release of their second album Modern Life Is Rubbish. Wonderful snapshot of British life. Music which went against the grain of the whole grunge scene which had heralded the arrival of so many sub standard bands. Of course, this album and Parklife went on to spawn the BritPop movement which did the exact same thing in spawning such twaddle as Menswear, Echobelly and the like.

I love Plastic Beach. It's no Demon Days, but it's a whole different sound, really. I wouldn't call it a straight up hip hop album. Damon's "solo" tracks are probably the best ones on there.

My fingers are crossed for Superfast Jellyfish to become a huge hit, just so I can get the pleasure of knowing American radio stations are playing Gruff Rhys.

I can get the pleasure of knowing American radio stations are playing Gruff Rhys.

Can you imagine if they started playing Mwng on shit kicker AM radio?

I love Plastic Beach. It's no Demon Days, but it's a whole different sound, really. I wouldn't call it a straight up hip hop album. Damon's "solo" tracks are probably the best ones on there.

My fingers are crossed for Superfast Jellyfish to become a huge hit, just so I can get the pleasure of knowing American radio stations are playing Gruff Rhys.

Totally agree. The mid-section of the album is really good. Wish like some of my friends I was going to see them at Coachella. Bought the Broken Bells album on the same day and its ahead in my affections now. First few times it's a tad underwhelming but after repeated listens I really like it. Not too different from the Shins but Danger Mouse's production, keyboard playing and affects add a nice mellow psychedelic sheen to the songs.

They did pretty well.... look! I would necessarily say that..they are on the cusp!

http://www.billboard.com/artist/super-furry-animals/chart-history/154860#/artist/super-furry-animals/chart-history/154860

I clicked the link, and it said "information not found." Is billboard dissing my beloved Furries?

Totally agree. The mid-section of the album is really good. Wish like some of my friends I was going to see them at Coachella. Bought the Broken Bells album on the same day and its ahead in my affections now. First few times it's a tad underwhelming but after repeated listens I really like it. Not too different from the Shins but Danger Mouse's production, keyboard playing and affects add a nice mellow psychedelic sheen to the songs.

I thought about giving Broken Bells a listen, but I really don't like James Mercer. I absolutely adore Danger Mouse's production, and he's never disappointed me, but he's always worked with artists I love. Might try it anyway.

I clicked the link, and it said "information not found." Is billboard dissing my beloved Furries?

I thought about giving Broken Bells a listen, but I really don't like James Mercer. I absolutely adore Danger Mouse's production, and he's never disappointed me, but he's always worked with artists I love. Might try it anyway.

If you don't like James Mercer I don't think you'll like it. To me it sounds like 2/3 rds James Mercer and 1/3 Danger Mouse.