New Album News - Back in Studio Jan 2010

If you went to Glenn's drum exhibit where he was talking about all the different sounds, someone asked him a question along the lines of 'have you ever used that on a Wilco record?' and his answer was ( sorry, paraphrasing here) 'well actaully yes, I just got out of the studio where I used it'!!! So I took that as a yes indeed they are currently making a new record :thumbup

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see one of several scenarios:

1)Jeff cuts the leash on Nels' and Glenn's experimental side and they go for something nuttyweird.

2)They go for a super stripped down sound: Glenn only gets a snare, bass and high hat, Jeff and Nels one guitart apiece, Pat an upright piano, Mike an hammond, John an upright bass. If their other efforts have been approaching the instrumentation like a fox, let them approach this one like a hedgehog.

3) Daniel Lanois comes into the loft and gets bossy.

However, I don't think that any of these will actually happen, in particular number 3, which is the one I think i'd like to see most.

However, I don't think that any of these will actually happen, in particular number 3, which is the one I think i'd like to see most.

:thumbup

i'd love to see that one too. he did wonders with bob dylan's albums

I would like to see one of several scenarios:

1)Jeff cuts the leash on Nels' and Glenn's experimental side and they go for something nuttyweird.

2)They go for a super stripped down sound: Glenn only gets a snare, bass and high hat, Jeff and Nels one guitart apiece, Pat an upright piano, Mike an hammond, John an upright bass. If their other efforts have been approaching the instrumentation like a fox, let them approach this one like a hedgehog.

It's going to have to be something completely different.. Like how SBS was so different than any of their previous albums. WTA tried to be that way, but it just fell short.. Few good tunes, but overall a very stale album.

I like the idea of them cutting Nels' leash but agree that I don't think it'll happen.. However, scaling it back could be great and seems likely to me.. I think it would be awesome if they made a very scaled back country sounding album where Nels is on steel most of the time.