VC 2010 Calendar

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. I'll see if that's possible, but I'm not sure. What they really want you to do is get to zazzle through the link with the asterisk, then once you're there, everything you buy (even stuff from other stores, not just viachicagostore items) will pay us the referral bonus.

I don't understand that system, but that's the way it works. If anyone can explain it any better, I'd appreciate any help with that...

KANSAS CITY, KS, US 12/30/2009 8:16 P.M. DESTINATION SCAN

KANSAS CITY, MO, US 12/30/2009 2:30 P.M. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL

KANSAS CITY, KS, US 12/30/2009 3:53 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

KANSAS CITY, MO, US 12/29/2009 1:52 P.M. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL

KANSAS CITY, KS, US 12/29/2009 4:42 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

KANSAS CITY, KS, US 12/28/2009 10:00 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

:hmm

• 5 months later...

I would just like to say to all you folks who didn't get this calendar, I feel very sorry for you. Because while all of the months have great pics, June is particularly awesome. :yes

And: Let's put a little more time and thought into this for next year. Start thinking now about any cool shots you might want to contribute for next year's calendar. And, start thinking about volunteering to spearhead the submission/design process! I'm certainly not the best person we have for this job...

Actually, it's odd that this pinned thread was given life today as I had an idea about a calendar for VC the other day.

What if we dedicated a calendar to a particular album, since most albums have 12 songs? I guess the intrigue would be to capture the poetic imagery of Tweedy in photographs. Either a specific lyric or a song title. But the calendar would be in the album running order.

I'm sure someone has thought about this in the past, but I didn't see anything in the 6 pages here.

Edit: I also would maybe throw around the idea of not just photographs, but maybe original VC created artwork or paintings.

Guest Speed Racer

That's a fine idea, but I would urge us to institute such an idea until after we include Bjorn's holiday-decorated desk in a calendar. :lol

What if we dedicated a calendar to a particular album, since most albums have 12 songs? I guess the intrigue would be to capture the poetic imagery of Tweedy in photographs. Either a specific lyric or a song title. But the calendar would be in the album running order.

There's some discussion earlier in the thread about the distinction between "Via Chicago merch" and "Wilco merch". That would be my biggest concern with this idea. VC is not in the business of competing with Wilco for merchandise sales, and we might be tiptoe-ing over that line with an album-themed calendar, or with pictures of the band.

edit: I don't have time to look right now, but now I'm thinking that that discussion might not actually be in this thread. But check out the other threads on VC merchandise for sale, it's definitely been discussed in a few places.

Thanks. :hug

:cheekkiss