Top Posters In This Topic

fabulous!

how did your trip go?

------------------------

submissions:

for the month of december

october?

some of the better pictures i have

Sarah, we've already got a batch for this year's calendar. Hold on to these for next year, though!

OK, design-oriented folks, currently I've got the title in the top right corner of the cover, right-justified, on two lines:

Enjoy 2010 on

Via Chicago's Terms

It fits nicely with the picture on there, so I think that'll work. And, I like that that format puts "Via Chicago" in the prominent spot.

But, would it look better as:

Enjoy 2010

on VC's Terms

Or, any other suggestions for how to do that? I'm not really sure about which is the best place to split that line.

OK, folks, the long-awaited (ha!) calendar is here! The photographs are amazing, the design skills, slightly less so. :P Again, I'd love to see this as the first in a series, so keep that in mind, all you folks who'd like to contribute next year. :)

Buy it here!

Actually, wait. First go here: http://www.zazzle.com/viachicagostore*

I'm still not sure how that works, but for some reason, cutting and pasting that link, including the *, gets us more $ from the transaction.

Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed to this project! The original idea came from dixiecupdrinker, and was fleshed out by me and Preferred B, with a lot of help from all of you in this thread. The photographers are:

cover: Preferred B

January: chaslor

February: NobodyGirl

March: Sir Stewart

April: remphish

May: M. Chris

June: acrossmyuniverse/Brandt

July: JenBobblehead

August: blindgonzo and stooka

September: BreezyGrass

October: bjorn_skurj

November: insideoutoflove

December: moxiebean

back cover: Gobias Industries

Apologies to you all, if I've in any way mangled your photos in the cropping/resizing process.

:wave

Thanks!

For anyone who is wondering about that asterisk* in the link, and I know it's a pain to cut-and-paste instead of just linking: we earn $1.68 per each calendar sold. But when you use the address with the asterisk, we get an additional $3.14. We're not going to fund the site through these calendars alone, but trust me, we'll get a lot closer if you use the asterisk!

http://www.zazzle.com/viachicagostore*

Oh, gogo did all the work. I just said, "Yeah, that sounds good" when she asked me things.

:lol

I can't believe I got photos by some of my favorite photographers for so cheap!

Had I not been so fooking busy this past week, I would have submitted bjorn's famous VC holiday decorations shot. I hereby nominate it for next year's calender:

bjornsdesk.jpg

Looks great! My wife took the photo by the way (dog yawning). I don't want to steal her credit.. She's technically a VCer, but only posts once in a blue moon (member acrossmyuniverse). How she managed to catch that shot mid-yawn still amazes me. :lol