VC 2010 Calendar

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to start getting nominations from anyone who's been keeping track of this thread (M.Chris, I'm looking at you!). We're going to try to spread this out, not have more than shot by each person, but other than that, just let us know which are your favorites, and we'll take everyone's input into account.

Thanks so much everyone, there really are some beautiful shots here! :wave

YOU should release a 2010 calendar!

:)

You like fuzzy bees too?

:bee

(M.Chris, I'm looking at you!).

Not until we get a shot of chumley's Super Bowl guitar solo nipple slip (or tomorrow. Whichever comes first.)

As always, I'm later than I had hoped to be in getting this put together. New tentative release date: this Wednesday. I'll be spending the next two evenings sorting through pictures, requesting high-res versions from some of you, etc. I'd still like a bit of help from you all, suggestions on which pics you'd like to see in the calendar, for which month, etc. Thanks!

I love Bjorn's autumn car one for October, but I find that photos taken in portrait vs. than landscape orientation don't look as pleasing in calendars (designed for landscape format). Does anyone have a suggestion for remedying this? Do you need to use more than one photo? A pleasant background color? I'm sure it's workable, and there are so many great portrait-style photos submitted. It just bugs me that they don't look as good.

Yes, I'm with you on all of that, B (that is exactly the October picture that I picked :yes). I have no idea how this thing is going to turn out, but I'm kind of figuring on this one as a practice run for future VC calendars. I'm hoping it'll look good, but next year we'll get serious about this earlier on, and make it great.

Or, a portrait pic on one side, with three smaller landscape pics on the other. (Thanks for the kind comments about "Hooptie in Autumn"!) I also think one (or more) of the months should be a collage of the various VC gathering pics that have been accumulated over the years.

OK, I'm getting some bigger versions of pictures back from people, so as soon as I collect those, we're good. I'm really happy with the pictures that are going in to this thing. I'm probably not the best person to be doing the layout/design/whatever (not the most creative person...), but I think the quality of the photography will more than make up for my crappy design skills.

Also, if this goes over well, someone who is actually good at that kind of thing can volunteer to put together next year's. :yes

Oh, and: anyone have any thoughts on a cool title? If left up to me, it'll probably just be "Via Chicago 2010". :hmm

Guest Speed Racer

January: AM, BT, ST, YHF, AGIB, SBS, W(TA)

February: Andrew Sullivan Quote

March: DFW quote

April: This spring tastes like spree.

May: Tall people should be banned from May.

June: No videotaping permitted.

July: OMG JUST TURN ON THE AIR-CONDITIONING YOU HIGHY MESSED UP FREAKS!

August: Now playing.

September: What's the consensus on summer?

October: The Random Thought Month

November: Elections usher in the New World Order, and we don't even know it.

December: AM, BT, ST, YHF, AGIB, SBS, W(TA)