Grateful Dead - Wilco combined setlist

I have a buddy who is an adamant Grateful Dead fan and is somewhat new to Wilco. I was thinking of putting together a compilation of live songs both Grateful Dead and Wilco. I'm curious to see what you guys think. I would love to put together a setlist of great live versions of each band's best songs. If anyone has a specific show that showed a great version of the songs that would be fantastic.

This is what I've got so far.

1. Someday Soon 2-18-97

2. Me and My Uncle 12-11-69

3. Forget the Flowers 2-15-97

4. Promised Land 3-28-73

I have a buddy who is an adamant Grateful Dead fan and is somewhat new to Wilco. I was thinking of putting together a compilation of live songs both Grateful Dead and Wilco. I'm curious to see what you guys think. I would love to put together a setlist of great live versions of each band's best songs. If anyone has a specific show that showed a great version of the songs that would be fantastic.

This is what I've got so far.

1. Someday Soon 2-18-97

2. Me and My Uncle 12-11-69

3. Forget the Flowers 2-15-97

4. Promised Land 3-28-73

You might also want to add some Grateful Dead songs that arent sung by Bob Wier. Give me some Jerry.

You might wanna start it (or end it) with Wilco & Phil Lesh covering Ripple - 5/29/99, Calaveras, CA

that's the absolute worst cover of a Dead tune in existence.

My vote for Wilco does Dead, if Jeff could learn the words, would be for a nice Box of Rain or Scarlet Begonia.

I was worried that this topic might make my head explode, but here's my .02:

Dark Star > Space > Poor Places > Space > Dark Star

:stunned

The slow bluesy version of Loose Lucy.

Oooooh, I LOVE that one! (esp. 10/27/73)

When Push Comes To Shove

When You Wake Up Feeling Old

Spiders (Kidsmoke)> The Other One> Spiders (Kidsmoke)> St. Stephen> Dancin' in the Streets> Walken> Not Fade Away> Heavy Metal Drummer> You Never Know> Not Fade Away> He's Gone

omg, just looking at that on my screen is giving me the chills.

Beautiful people, thank you. The Wilco cover of Ripple with Phil is not very good, although I do love Phil after the song when he says, "Wilco, ladies and gentleman", he sounds like such a goof. I love Hippo's suggestion. Just the thought blows my mind. What about an encore? It would have to be a Wilco type encore with six or seven songs. I'm thinking something like:

1. Red, Eyed and Blue > I Got You > Bertha > Greatest Story Ever Told

2. The Mighty Quinn

3. Kingpin (late 90's version) > Goin Down the Road > ELT > Outta Site

I'm confused on the concept. If he's already a huge GD fan, why not just make him a Wilco compilation that covers all of their periods/styles? You could lay it out like a Dead show too......First Set - short songs, country songs, pretty straight forward. Second Set - long songs, weird noises and jams, etc.

I'm not sure I really understand the thread but just want to elaborate on the "You are my Face" thought

When I heard it live the first time it immediately reminded me a lot of Phish especially the ending and that floating type groove they go into.

I know its not what they do, but Wilco frustrates me sometimes because I think they definatley have the talent and cohesiveness to take a song like You are My Face and turn it into 10 minutes of pure joy. It would be nice to see them take a risk like that sometime

I'm not sure I really understand the thread but just want to elaborate on the "You are my Face" thought

When I heard it live the first time it immediately reminded me a lot of Phish especially the ending and that floating type groove they go into.

I know its not what they do, but Wilco frustrates me sometimes because I think they definatley have the talent and cohesiveness to take a song like You are My Face and turn it into 10 minutes of pure joy. It would be nice to see them take a risk like that sometime

Hell yes. :thumbup