So last night I set my alarm to 9:30am, double checked how loud it was (to be sure I awoke)got my computer ready.

Sometime in the night my power went out.

Woke up at 10:15 with my phone vibrating because my friend was calling to tell me about the great wilco tickets he just got.

realized my power was out and the internet didnt work.

Frantically called my friend to have him get me my wilco tixs.

By 10:30 the presale was only offering single seats

:(

It doesnt make me less of a fan that I didnt get presale tickets, correct?

I guess there are bigger problems in the world, but not many that I can think of at the moment!

So last night I set my alarm to 9:30am, double checked how loud it was (to be sure I awoke)got my computer ready.

Sometime in the night my power went out.

Woke up at 10:15 with my phone vibrating because my friend was calling to tell me about the great wilco tickets he just got.

realized my power was out and the internet didnt work.

Frantically called my friend to have him get me my wilco tixs.

By 10:30 the presale was only offering single seats

:(

It doesnt make me less of a fan that I didnt get presale tickets, correct?

I guess there are bigger problems in the world, but not many that I can think of at the moment!

cool.

good thing pre sales are only 10% of the venue.

Is that really true?

I remember when I got Radiohead tickets pre-sale, the majority of the theater was booked. I went on ticketmaster for the public presale at 10 am..and the fist tickets I pulled up were the LAST ROW of the ampitheater.

I use a regualr alarm clock and my phone clock to wake me up. its saved me countless times.

I have used the same alarm clock since 1985, and it has never, never failed me. True story.

1985 eh? So, I'm picturing something like...

bttf.jpg

I WISH!

It's actually something fairly close to this:

Clock.jpg

I'd post a pic of my actual clock, but I only have Polaroids.

I have used the same alarm clock since 1985, and it has never, never failed me. True story.

well i develop what I call "immunity" after awhile. I have to contanstly change my cell phone alarm to a new sound.. the plug in clock is my back up actually. If I dont wake up my a certain time (hit the snooze button a few too many times) my old faithful goes off and I know..that I need to get my ass up. :w00t

haha, I like all of the "you need an alarm to get up at 9:30?" posts.

I am in college, but I do work a part time job. The problem is I work at a really small place (there are three of us, the owner and her associate and then I am their assistant.) We stopped working around Dec. 18 and I am supposed to go back tomorrow, so I have had three weeks off. I usually stay up late anyways, but I actually did go to bed at 3 am last night. No more sleeping in until noon though :yucky stupid work!

I only use a cell phone to wake up. I too have to keep changing the alarm sound - today it was the theme from Good Times (I try to wake up to old tv show themes).

I am not a morning person at all. I could sleep easily till 11am everyday if allowed. I am 31 and have talked to many of my friends and bandmates who are in their late 40s/early 50s and I ask them if getting up early comes easier. The answer was surprising to what I thought: they all said no. Well, the guys that are not morning people said no. So that leads me to believe that either you are a morning person or you are not? Thoughts?

That being said - I wish that I could be a morning person. I would love to make myself breakfast/coffee, watch the morning news, and have a nice drive to work. Instead, I'm hitting the snooze and racing to the car wet headed!

Guest Speed Racer

If I don't hit my alarm clock before the second ring, I am either anesthetized or dead. If no alarm is set, I will wake up just past 7am, unless I've gone to bed later than 2am.

My sister had an alarm in high school that could be used as an air-raid siren. It would whoop for about 5 minutes and she wouldn't even stir. I'd walk in, shut it off and shout at her, and then she would start to wake up.