MD sold out in a minute?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got in and had four front row center tickets on the Grand Tier, then somehow lost them.

And though this may be blasphemous, I think Ticketmaster may have done me a favor by saving me from another $250 spent on Wilco tix. ¡Que expensivo!

Got in right at the onsale time, nailed the captcha, pulled 4 in row CC of the orchestra on the aisle. My friend who was at a TM location in DC couldn't even get 4 together at 10 am.

You gotta wonder if a place like that has season ticket holders or something because it doesn't seem that many tickets were available. I got shut out too.

I got shut out initially, but found 2 front row balcony seats at about 10:10.

For what it's worth, Strathmore does have season ticket holders, though they typically are allowed to select which events they want on a first come, first serve basis. I suspect that played a role in the quick sell out.

In any event, I'm thrilled to be able to see Wilco at a venue that's a five minute walk from my house!

Don't worry, you can buy tickets from scalpers at twice the price! I fucking hate ticketmaster.

This is, unfortunately, what things have come to. Pearl Jam did try and stop it back in the day but I guess they gave up.

Wow, this is SO disappointing. So many here and elsewhere reporting they were on at 10 am and were shut out.

I was up all night with a sick dog and missed the onsale completely...got on around 10:20 a.m.

I guess we can hope they release more tickets as the date gets closer. I won't pay a scalper no matter how much this hurts...can't participate in the cycle.

I think everyone should keep in mind that the Strathmore seats less than 2,000, DC has a population of 600,000 not counting the 2 hour span of suburbs in all directions, and the venue has season ticket holders. it is very similar to when the band plays the 9:30club. unfortunately at such small venues, it is extremely difficult to get hands on tickets. myself and a friend both tried for tickets and got shut out, we expected it though. i have also never paid more than face value for a wilco ticket, have always bought my wilco tickets, have been shut out of ticket sales, and have never missed a local show.

I think everyone should keep in mind that the Strathmore seats less than 2,000, DC has a population of 600,000 not counting the 2 hour span of suburbs in all directions, and the venue has season ticket holders. it is very similar to when the band plays the 9:30club. unfortunately at such small venues, it is extremely difficult to get hands on tickets. myself and a friend both tried for tickets and got shut out, we expected it though. i have also never paid more than face value for a wilco ticket, have always bought my wilco tickets, have been shut out of ticket sales, and have never missed a local show.

My bigger problem is despite the supposed rabid demand, the audience won't be great.

I'm sure some people will sit the entire show. I'm sure others will talk through it, etc.

It just sucks because you'd assume that playing a small venue in a large Metro area would guarantee a great audience, but it certainly doesn't.

I have been to two shows at the venue (Decemberist, Los Hombres). In both cases there was a turn back of season ticket holder reserved seats so best advice is keep checking the website in the next month. I saw Los Hombres when it first opened and got front row the day before the show.

I'm on the west coast and got up early to get tickets. I was in ticketmaster the second they were released (or close) but got shut out. So then I went to the Strathmore website, and I actually got 3 tickets but then their server was overwhelmed and it never loaded. Then they were sold out. I should have went there first, but had no idea they would be the ones with tickets and with NO ADDED FEES.

Anyway I kept trying and at 7:35 AM, the Strathmore released some tickets! I got three, not great seats (orchestra tier) but at least I am in. Don't give up, maybe they will release more, you never know... I got them by scrolling around on this page:

http://www.strathmore.org/eventstickets/calendar/syos.asp?id=5396

I am still sort of in shock. Keep trying! I tried to post here right after all that happened but it's been so long since my last post I had to wait for a password reset request... good luck everyone.

My gripe involves the fact that, right after the shows go on sale, there are over 100 tickets available for up to 7 times the face value on ticket broker sites like stubhub. Don't really know what one can do to fix this. Just sayin'.

Maybe the logistics would be a nightmare, but making tickets 'Will Call' only is the only solution I can think of.

Yeah, man! Who wants to be in a crowd of people and listen to live music? Ew!

:lol Not me, man.

It's an unrealistically small venue for Wilco at this point, unless it's a surprise show (think Radiohead at 9:30 after Tibetan Freedom Festival). I'd really like to know if TM has a relationship to other outlets, which always get tickets. Just saw them on stubhub for $118-600. We failed at presale (kept getting bumped out), then between two people using four computers for over an hour this morning.

I believe I'll be watching Ashes that night...

Yeah, man! Who wants to be in a crowd of people and listen to live music? Ew!

What are you talking about? I don't get the sarcasm.

I'm new to living in DC and go to a couple shows a week. Some audiences are great, some are good, and rarely they are terrible. The Wilco audience at the Wolf Trap fell into the latter category. People sat the entire show. People chatted like they were a baseball game. It's a concert- stand up, shut up, and have some fun.

All I was saying was that it's sort of counter-intuitive that a show that sells out right away (which would imply an energized, excited fanbase) would have a so-so audience. Yet that happenned at the Wolf Trap. I'm hoping that it doesn't here.

I don't think my post was difficult to understand. Did you disagree with it or misread it? Or is there just a board rule that we all have to be blindly optimistic? I'm really excited for the show, but I just hope that the people who would prefer to have a dinner party just have one instead of hosting it at a rock show.