What to do in Minnesota?

Definitely check out First Ave / 7th St Entry. That's right there.

Across the Hennepin Ave bridge and a little up University Ave is Emily's Lebanese Deli. Great Place. A little further than that is Anchor fish-n-chips. Heavenly.

Edit: Ha, I see I recommended Emily's when this thread originated. Dang, I miss that place. The Lebanese Chicken & Rice is divine, and they have the best tabouli I've ever had.

If you're staying downtown mostly, Brit's is a nice bar, with lawn bowling.

That all sounds good.  I played at 7th Street Entry in the '90s, so I'm somewhat familiar with that area (or the '90s version of it, anyway.)  Maybe they'll have a good show while I'm there.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today is the day!  I'm flying up to Minneapolis this evening.  I've been paying attention to concert/event listings for the last couple of months.  Are there any recently announced events (concerts, festivals, art exhibits, etc.) that might be flying under my radar that I should hit up? 

Got back from our visit to Minneapolis the other day.  We had a great time.  On our first day we went to lunch with a friend. Afterwards, she needed to meet up with her husband, who works at the Vikings training facility.  I couldn't care less about football, but that place was pretty incredible and it was quite interesting to get a behind the scenes look at a professional sports compound.  Racks of 150 lb. dumbells...I couldn't even make one of them budge using both hands.   After that we went to Psycho Suzi's for tiki drinks, and then to the Lewis Black performance at the State Theater, which was beautiful.

The second day we walked over to the sculpture garden via the Loring Greenway, and then did some record shopping at Hi Fi.  Had some good music nerd conversation with the owner and his Ron Wood-esque friend who was hanging out there.  Later, we went to 331 to see a little of the drunk spelling bee then walked to Nye's for polka.

On our last day, we had a nice walk to the Mill City Museum/stone arch bridge/Weisman Museum.

I hope we'll get to make a return visit before long.  There are definitely a lot of things to see that didn't make it onto our itinerary this time, such as the Walker Museum, MIA, more of the restored theaters, etc.