This looks excellent. I thought that there could be interest here among non-Aquarium Drunkard VCers.

http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/2010/01/28/talking-heads-saratoga-performing-arts-center-ny-august-1983/#more-11516

The companion album to Jonathan Demme’s Stop Making Sense made an effort at capturing the band’s live mojo, but due to its length (neutered at nine tracks) failed to paint a complete picture

But the Special Edition expands that to 16 tracks.

Still, there's a couple in that link that aren't even on that. Thanks!

Excellent!

Thanks for the link!

Edit: One problem. Actually 2 problems. Big Business and Houses In Motion do not play for the whole duration of time as listed on my iTunes? It jumps to the next tracks.

I assume they downloaded just fine.

Anyone else have this problem?

Excellent!

Thanks for the link!

Edit: One problem. Actually 2 problems. Big Business and Houses In Motion do not play for the whole duration of time as listed on my iTunes? It jumps to the next tracks.

I assume they downloaded just fine.

Anyone else have this problem?

Comment 7 at AD is:

"Here are those trax, hopefully a fix: http://www.mediafire.com/?2ya1mg4kjxm

7 | Satisfied '75 January 28th, 2010 at 3:50 pm"

Following comments say that does the trick. I haven't been home to try yet.

I got this show thrown in with a trade many years ago and it kicks serious ass!

In fact I should go dig it out and give it a spin!

• 2 years later...

Thanks for posting this, I was at this show, 4th row, slept outside of SPAC to get tickets. It was back in the days before we knew what to expect from a concert, and the whole crowd was in attendance, there was no opener, and the stage was empty and the lights were on. People were getting restless as concert time came and went, and then a rumor made it's way around that band and their equipment were delayed due to accident on the highway but that they were on their way. Out walks David Byrne with a boom box and acoustic guitar and the rest is history....

Out walks David Byrne with a boom box and acoustic guitar and the rest is history....

If it was the boombox and acoustic guitar then it was the Stop Making Sense tour a few years after this. The link above is to a show from 1980 which was the first big expanded Talking Heads band and parts of that tour were included on the album The Name of This Band is Talking Heads ...

It is worth watching to see Adrian Belew's guitar playing.

If it was the boombox and acoustic guitar then it was the Stop Making Sense tour a few years after this. The link above is to a show from 1980 which was the first big expanded Talking Heads band and parts of that tour were included on the album The Name of This Band is Talking Heads ...

It is worth watching to see Adrian Belew's guitar playing.

Sorry, I was referring to the original Aquarium Drunkard link to the Stop Making Sense show in '83.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Interesting interview with David Byrne here:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/david-byrne-trump-why-he-wont-reunite-talking-heads-w516185

But if you're hoping for a Talking Heads reunion, here's what he's got to say:

You once said you've avoided a Talking Heads reunion because it would overshadow the other things you've done. Is it really that simple?
There's a lot to that. I see what happens with other people when they do their reunions – and then it turns into a second reunion and a third reunion. With someone like the Pixies, it's different – they're getting the audience now that they deserved ages ago. But with a lot of them, it just seems like you don't have anything new to say, and you go, "OK, this is just some kind of nostalgia exercise." And I'm not interested in that.