Miami Show

Getting fired up for the Miami Show....who is coming?

Is anyone going to tape. I tape many shows but I was hoping that I did not have to tape this show because I want to be on the rail and the tape will not come out that good. I was hoping that someone would be taping.

I'll be there, got my tickets a while back and just picked up an extra pair from the student radio station here for a couple of friends.

Suites, what time are you expecting to get down there to get a good spot for the pit? I'll be at FIU, so I'm planning on leaving there around 6 or so.

Top Ten Requests for Monday Mar 22, 2010 The Fillmore - Miami Beach, Miami Beach - FL

California Stars

Remember the Mountain Bed

Handshake Drugs

Monday

Everlasting Everything

Cars Can't Escape

Heavy Metal Drummer

Poor Places

Pot Kettle Black

She's A Jar

I'd be fine with all of those, but why are people requesting "Handshake Drugs" or "Heavy Metal Drummer"? Aren't they pretty much guaranteed to play those songs?

I requested "It's Just That Simple", since it was my wife and I's first dance at our wedding and she's seeing Wilco for the first time.

I'm going to the show. Nice to see Everlasting Everything on that list. They have never played it. It would be a great way to close the main set and really signify that wilco is making these evenings with Wilco unique by playing this at the first show on the tour. It gets my vote. Anybody else for it?

Nice to see Everlasting Everything on that list. They have never played it.

Not exactly true. They've done it as a band once, at Red Rocks last July. Since I wasn't at that show, though, I wouldn't be opposed to Everlasting being revived soon. :thumbup

This bears repeating from article:

Foxtrot became Wilco's biggest success, selling more than half a million copies and earning critical raves. And Wilco has been under pressure since then, from critics and music fans who expect the group to keep pushing the envelope.

Meanwhile, in the years surrounding Foxtrot, Tweedy's migraines, which he'd had since childhood, got so bad he had to keep a bucket offstage so he could throw up between songs. In 2004, he ended up in rehab to kick the painkillers and to deal with the closely related, longtime issues of depression and panic attacks.

``I don't know what my music would have been like if I had continued,'' Tweedy says. ``There probably wouldn't have been any.''

Kot says that before rehab, Tweedy was close to collapse. ``I'd see him onstage looking absolutely wrung out, 15 years older than he was,'' Kot says. ``Fans who say the music hasn't been as good since he got off drugs and got normal, they root for that myth of strung-out desperation as what rock 'n' roll has to be.''

Tweedy says he still deals with the notion that rock creativity is fueled by abuse. ``People usually look at it as somehow the drugs are where the inspiration, the feeling comes from,'' he says. ``That's absolutely misguided.

``There was an old assumption that my problems were part of who I was creatively. I feel like I created in spite of those things. . . . I've gotten more comfortable with being in my skin, and that has allowed me to be more comfortable with doing what I do well.''

Is there going to be any meetup before the show, I've heard good things about this place. The rain should be gone by then.

Zeke's is a good place for "cheap" beer pn Lincoln Road. Just remember that it's CASH ONLY. It's not much of a bar, but more of a package liquor joint counter service with some tables out front, and a small bar.

If you are looking for a cool pub for before or after the show, check out the Abbey. One of the older (and smaller) brew pubs in South Beach. They brew their own beer and have top micros as well

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-abbey-brewing-company-miami-beach

can't wait for the show tonight!!!

I downloaded a .doc press release for the Concord,NH show and the thing that obviously stuck out the most was the wording "Doors open at 7p.m. with the show beginning promptly at 8p.m." Edit: I assume that every show will be similar in prompt start time for their specific show start time like yours for 8:30. You have been warned. :thumbup

An evening with

WILCO

at CAPITOL CENTER FOR THE ARTS on APRIL 7

Critically acclaimed rock band WILCO will perform at Capitol Center for the Arts in Concord, NH on Wednesday, April 7 at 8:00 pm.

Wilco clings to the grit of the independent scene while continuing to morph and innovate, releasing a series of chart-topping albums and drawing sell-out crowds. The Boston Globe calls their performances a “pitch-perfect tangle of earthy comforts and perilous adventure…from the planet’s most radical roots band.” Wilco’s latest studio album, the Grammy-nominated Wilco (The Album) landed on many critics’ year-end polls as one of the best albums of 2009, and Rolling Stone cited Wilco’s 2002 album Yankee Hotel Foxtrot as the 3rd best album of the decade.

“The production is straightforward, but the song structures aren’t; that’s where Wilco’s idiosyncrasies still hide out.” – The New York Times

“…One of America’s most consistently interesting bands.” All Music Guide

“…Among contemporary pop’s most vital acts.” Slant Magazine

Doors open at 7pm with the show beginning promptly at 8 pm. Tickets for this all-ages event are $35 in advance, $37 day of show (plus applicable fees). Tickets go on sale Friday, January 8 at 11am online at www.wilcoworld.net or www.ccanh.com, or charge by phone at 603-225-1111. Tickets will also be available in person at the Capitol Box Office at 44 South Main Street, Concord, NH 03301.

ticket says Doors at 7:30, show at 8:30

What I meant to say was "I assume that every show will be similar in prompt start time for their specific show start time like yours for 8:30."

From the looks of the press release it sounds like they want people in their seats because the band wants to make the most of their time in each venue since there's no opening acts on this tour.

I can't wait to see what happens tonight.

I'm really excited, given that it's the first night of the tour. Anything could happen, I expect some real surprises.

Bob.....I will be in red DBT shirt...come say hi to me....love to meet you....I will be in line early...how bout you.

Hal

Bobbob -- or anyone -- looking forward to seeing the setlists, to begin picking it apart for clues of what to expect for Savannah! :dancing

I was originally planning on going up to Savannah, but once Paul McCartney announced his tour date here I had to cancel. Priorities, you know?

I'll make sure to try to do the setlist, though I'm sure knowing my wife, she'll get tired of me going to my phone after every song so maybe not.

Bob.....I will be in red DBT shirt...come say hi to me....love to meet you....I will be in line early...how bout you.

Hal

I'll keep an eye out for you.

Planning on leaving school at around 6:30, so that means I should be in line at least 15 minutes before doors open. Hope that gives me enough time.

which reminds me, I need to quit procrastinating and finish my work so I can leave at 6:30 :stunned

I was originally planning on going up to Savannah, but once Paul McCartney announced his tour date here I had to cancel. Priorities, you know?

I'll make sure to try to do the setlist, though I'm sure knowing my wife, she'll get tired of me going to my phone after every song so maybe not.

Having lived under a rock a good bit, I didn't hear you got married bobbob. Congrats.

I know it's sacrilege, but I've never felt compelled to an appearance before St. Paul. I'm sure I'll regret it.

I'm really excited, given that it's the first night of the tour. Anything could happen, I expect some real surprises.

So what are the chances they play a cover of "Thirteen" by Big Star?

What about a guest appearnce by Feist? Seems likely as this is a Miami show..coming off a weekend.