Wilco 3-25-10 Savannah

Damn, I hope Nels is ok. Having read his tour diaries from his days with Mike Watt, it's pretty clear that Nels would probably rather die on stage then let a show suffer due to pain or illness.

I can imagine these long/no-opening act shows are taking a toll on him, considering the pain he's in after a shorter show (as seen in the Ashes dvd).

Anyway, I'll be there tonight. Sounds like this run of shows is going to be incredible, and, speaking as a native, there's nothing in Atlanta better than The Fox Theater.

At the Clearwater show, I saw him push the palm of his hand under his chin, kinda like what some people will do when they try and "crack" their neck. In the Ashes DVD he mention he was having problems with his vertabrae so maybe this is where the problem lies.

I saw him and thought it was just a Gregg Allman wannabee. Looked too young and in too good of health to be Gregg!

Hey Al, I was the big guy in the black flowered shirt. Welcome to VC.

The sound definitely sucked out of the gate, but it improved a bit as it went on. I still think the band put their heads down and played a great show, regardless of audience.

I was on Row E it sounds like we were all there together. At 1st I said that looks like Brother Greg, then said the same thing he is too young & healthy.

I had on a white plaid shirt & the group in front of us kept changing seats. It was a killer show, with some decent fans mixxed into the social scene.

Best Wilco concert I've ever been to.. They played all my favorites, plus songs I've never seen them play live but always wanted to (ALTWYS, Via Chicago).

Plus, my kids had a blast! They were dancing, singing the whole time (except when my youngest fell asleep during the acoustic set... lol)

Our seats were excellent in the balcony, and the sound was great up there. Nearly 3 hours of Wilco.. Amazing!

Best Wilco concert I've ever been to.. They played all my favorites, plus songs I've never seen them play live but always wanted to (ALTWYS, Via Chicago).

Plus, my kids had a blast! They were dancing, singing the whole time (except when my youngest fell asleep during the acoustic set... lol)

Our seats were excellent in the balcony, and the sound was great up there. Nearly 3 hours of Wilco.. Amazing!

Glad your kids enjoyed it. It was about midway through the post-acoustic songs and I looked up in the balcony and it was a sea of people dancing. It was the coolest scene.

I was there (and in Atlanta). Fucking amazing. They keep raising the bar. I wrote a big ol' review of it at my blog here. Sorry bout the plug :monkey

Highlight was definitely "At My Window" for me, although man...that version of "Ashes" slays so hard. It was my seventh Wilco show and somehow the first time I've heard Ashes. Also was great to hear "Pot Kettle Black"...

There were some chatty bastards around me. I don't understand how people can just carry on conversations during a song, as if they're at a bar. I mean it's your money...but damn. $40+ to talk about the NCAA tourney? Ugh.

I was there (and in Atlanta). Fucking amazing. They keep raising the bar. I wrote a big ol' review of it at my blog here. Sorry bout the plug :monkey

Highlight was definitely "At My Window" for me, although man...that version of "Ashes" slays so hard. It was my seventh Wilco show and somehow the first time I've heard Ashes. Also was great to hear "Pot Kettle Black"...

There were some chatty bastards around me. I don't understand how people can just carry on conversations during a song, as if they're at a bar. I mean it's your money...but damn. $40+ to talk about the NCAA tourney? Ugh.

GREAT review. I can't wait to read your thoughts on Atlanta. :D

GREAT review. I can't wait to read your thoughts on Atlanta. :D

Thanks Sarah! Are you the raffle winner in ATL? My girlfriend, also named Sarah, got excited for a second. Then she remembered she never made a request... :shifty

Thanks Sarah! Are you the raffle winner in ATL? My girlfriend, also named Sarah, got excited for a second. Then she remembered she never made a request... :shifty

Indeed. :) I was very tickled that I won- thought Jeff might hand it to me right then since I was in the 3rd row right in front of him. I couldn't believe it was for $100. As a college student, that's a heck of a lot of money!

Indeed. :) I was very tickled that I won- thought Jeff might hand it to me right then since I was in the 3rd row right in front of him. I couldn't believe it was for $100. As a college student, that's a heck of a lot of money!

Ah yes, I remember those days from only a few years ago. Trust me: It's still a lot of money!

So jealous of your third row spot. I was on the presale at the zero hour and still got row R, all the way at the end. Damn!