The game I have worked on has been released!

I hate to toot my own horn, but I'm really quite proud.. The game that I have been working on for a year and half was released today.

http://www.scourgeofwar.com/

For those interested, it's a real time strategy Civil War game called Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.

If you ever played the Total War games, or Take Command: Second Manassas, you'll dig this game.

For those interested, I am the Test Team lead. I also handle some design aspects of the game.

Just a little preview shot:

7.jpg

Nice!

That looks pretty cool, but I don't see System Requirements listed anywhere on the website. It would be nice to know what hardware is required to run this before downloading the whole thing and attempting to install it.

So if I play this and the South wins, how does that affect our daily lives?

I mean, does it have some sort of alternate United States if you are the South and you beat the North?

Does this happen?59307.gif

The graphics and overall look of the game are amazing! :thumbup :worship

The detail in the depth of field is amazing and something I would like to learn about from a Mr. Roger's type show.

How do you do that? Do you design something then designate it to the background?

Congratulations...looks good.

I have been looking for a really good Civil War/Napoleonic Wars game. Since Talonsoft went belly up and stopped supporting the Battfield games, there has been a real lacking in that market. All the game designers seem to be interested in is first person shooter games or MMORPGs.

Congratulations, Lamrod!

I'm not really into video games, but that looks pretty cool.

Now how's that new album coming along?

It's coming along great! Two more songs to record. Then we just need to get it mastered and then were done. I'll be sure to let you know when it's available. Thanks for asking. :thumbup

That looks pretty cool, but I don't see System Requirements listed anywhere on the website. It would be nice to know what hardware is required to run this before downloading the whole thing and attempting to install it.

System requirements are here: http://www.norbsoftware.com/Portal/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=67&Itemid=25

You can download the demo for free and see if it will work on your machine. If you like, you can purchase a reg code that will unlock the full game.

So if I play this and the South wins, how does that affect our daily lives?

I mean, does it have some sort of alternate United States if you are the South and you beat the North?

Does this happen?

The graphics and overall look of the game are amazing! :thumbup :worship

The detail in the depth of field is amazing and something I would like to learn about from a Mr. Roger's type show.

How do you do that? Do you design something then designate it to the background?

The art guys are incredible. I don't know how they do it, but the graphics are pretty amazing aren't they. I think some of the graphics used were taken from actual period photo's of Gettysburg. Right down to the crops. :)

Congratulations...looks good.

I have been looking for a really good Civil War/Napoleonic Wars game. Since Talonsoft went belly up and stopped supporting the Battfield games, there has been a real lacking in that market. All the game designers seem to be interested in is first person shooter games or MMORPGs.

Thanks Crow. Yeah, I'm a real time strategy game guy myself. I'll play the occasional wii game, but wargaming is where it's at... I think you'd like this game. :)

You can try out the demo here: http://www.scourgeofwar.com/downloads.html

Ahhhh, yeah, this completely rules out my laptop which has integrated video. :hmm

Actually it will run on integrated video, it's just not recommended. I actually have integrated video on my laptop. I have a dual 1.8 CPU, 3 gigs of ram, and it runs like a dream. I do have to scale back the graphic settings some on the bigger scenario's though.

Can you level up your units so that they can rain fire or electricity down upon your opponents – and/or can you maybe ride a dragon into battle against those damn confederates? Cause if you can do that that would be awesome, and I would definitely download this game from Pirate Bay.

But in all seriousness, the game looks great. I like the idea behind real-time strategy games, but once the fighting starts, I get all panicky, forget all the commands and which unit works best against other units, and so just end up getting all my little men killed. I’m more of a turn-based, Civilization man myself – when I’m not terrorizing the fine folks of Liberty City as Niko Bellic.

Guest Runaway Jim

For those interested, I am the Test Team lead. I also handle some design aspects of the game.

You're a video game designer and tester? Seriously? I think I hate you, man. biggrin.gif

But seriously, congrats. It looks pretty awesome.

You're a video game designer and tester? Seriously? I think I hate you, man. biggrin.gif

But seriously, congrats. It looks pretty awesome.

Thanks. Yeah, it's a pretty cool gig.. You get a little tired of testing the same things over and over and over again while keeping an eye out for the smallest glitch, but I still get a kick out of this game even after playing it for a year and half.

NorbSoft, eh? :shifty

:)

Man, that looks really good. Would be nice to get away from swords and chain mail for once. I may have to try this one out.

It's fun stuff.. It's pretty easy to learn, and the demo comes with a tutorial as well as the full game manual.