Now Playing: April 2010

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gaslight_anthem_american_slang_cover.jpg

outside of the title track and "Old Haunts", this thing is a bit of a stinker.

sadly i agree... :ohwell those are definitely my 2 favorite songs. i do kinda like Diamond Church Street Choir tho... Brian does his best Van Morrison on that one.

definitely doesn't touch Sink or Swim or '59 Sound for me, but i'm still excited to see them again in July

i'm not even too big on Sink or Swim, but it's certainly better than AS. AS just feels so cliched, and some of the stuff on there is just downright embarrassing...ie, the beginning of Boxer, the title of one of the songs being "Bring It On"...which just conjures up references of a bad cheerleader high school dramedy movie. I'm just surprised it's SO bad when '59 Sound was such a solid, fun record.

Maybe he needs to use other songwriters' material like he used to to write a good song.

Sink or Swim has some of Gaslight's best songs (I'da Called You Woody Joe, Drive, and We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner), but the production leaves a lot to be desired.

cliched or not, Bring It On is one of the better songs on the record too imo (which maybe says a lot, idk). i never even thought about that stupid movie (haven't seen it), so thanks for that :P

518ZK33X2QL._SL500_AA300_.jpg61FY4C199FL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Blur - Modern Life Is Rubbish

Iron Maiden - Killers