Favorite "Hidden Tracks"

Inspired by this happening (from my Now Playing for today):

Just arrived:

e6587699eqg.jpg

There is a hidden track at the end that is one of my favorite things this band has ever done:

a live version of "Nothing Compares 2U"

I remember watching them do this one at Phyllis', with an accordian and loving it!

I just wish that I could edit my mp3 rip to separate this fucker from the track as a whole.

Nonetheless, this is one of my favorite hidden tracks, ever. YES!!!

What are your all-time favorite "HIDDEN" tracks? Those songs not listed on the album sleeve, or tacked on to the end of a CD, after an annoyingly long silence.../

Mine:

"Train In Vain" - The Clash

"Nothing Compares 2U" - Falstaff

and I know there are a few more, too... that's why I'm looking to you.

Somebody should do a total mixtape of JUST hidden tracks.

And, if I may be so bold...

"The Yummy Song" - Hop On Pop

(sorry, I just like this one)

Super Furry Animals put what might be their very best song as a hidden track you have to rewind from track one to get to on Guerilla.

that is definately the greatest hidden track ever. also the fact that i didn't even find it for a couple of years after i owned the cd meant that it truly was a hidden track!

shit! that is breaking news. you better not be fibbing about this - cos i'm gonna chec. why don't i know these sorts of things?

shit! that is breaking news. you better not be fibbing about this - cos i'm gonna chec. why don't i know these sorts of things?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_albums_containing_a_hidden_track

there are also instructions on how to rip these 'track zero' files using EAC...i've done it for a few cds i own (the SFA tracks mentioned above, Versus, John Cale, Songs in the Key of X, Motorpsycho, etc)

http://en.wikipedia...._a_hidden_track

there are also instructions on how to rip these 'track zero' files using EAC...i've done it for a few cds i own (the SFA tracks mentioned above, Versus, John Cale, Songs in the Key of X, Motorpsycho, etc)

cool. you just helped me find another one when you mentioned John Cale. i've got hobosapiensm, and never thought of rewinding that either. i need to start pressing rewind when i get a new cd!

The Out Spaced hidden track is just a techno instrumental. Pretty sweet groove, but not much more. Certainly not as great a discovery as Citizen's Band. Still worth hearing, though.

Listening to OutSpaced now, and I CANNOT get to that "Track 0".

Is it because I am listening on iTunes on my computer? Will that prevent me from getting to it? Do I need to put the fucker into a regular home CD player?

On one of the disks of the massive Charley Patton box set on Revenant there is a hidden track at the beginning of a disk. In order to get to it you have to push the CD back when you start it, otherwise it starts on track one.

LouieB

Try a real CD player. iTunes won't work, I believe.

YOu know it is weird....so many people complain that CDs don't sound as good as LPs; well if you play them on a regular CD player on the same sytem as you play your LPs on, actually they sound pretty damn good....

LouieB

Try a real CD player. iTunes won't work, I believe.

YOu know it is weird....so many people complain that CDs don't sound as good as LPs; well if you play them on a regular CD player on the same sytem as you play your LPs on, actually they sound pretty damn good....

LouieB

This is so very true. "CDs" won't sound as good when they're ripped into iTunes. But the discs themselves have pretty great quality sound.