Am I the only person on the forum who think's the new LCD Soundsystem is shit-hot? Came in with low expectations: don't think that "Sound of Silver" is the holy-grail like many critics, in general wasn't a big fan of James Murphy's voice and thought lead track "Drunk Girls" was too close to Bowie's "Boys Keep Swinging" for comfort.

Boy was I wrong. While it could be argued "This Is Happening" doesn't have as many stand-out tracks as its predecessor after several plays it really works superbly as an album finding a great groove early (from "One Touch" on ) and never letting go. Two quick observations. Mr Murphy has either taken some singing lessons or more likely they have placed his voice lower in the mix. Moreover, the addition of their new keyboard player whose name escapes me is a masterstroke. Some deep, deep squelching synths over all the record. Yes, this is a hugely derivative record (Eno-produced Bowie and Bowie-produced Iggy Pop take a bow) but it's one like the Gorillaz "Plastic Beach" I think I will be coming back to for years to come.

I love it! LCD Soundsystem is one of my Favorite bands of the last few years. This is Happening clicked with me on the first listen. I like One Touch and You Wanted a Hit. I saw LCD Soundsystem live about a month ago in the tiny Music Hall of Williamsburg which was awesome! I even got to speak to James before the show and he was a pretty cool guy. Anyhoo great stuff! :dancing

• 4 months later...

"Drunk Girls" got my attention, but "Change" made me a fan. I sought out everything I could find from them over the past couple months. I was surprised there was as little as there was. I got to see them here in Vegas last week and it was one of the best shows I've seen. Sleigh Bells opened for them which was a bonus, but LCD absolutely owned the crowd of probably less than 1000. I was looking for any recordings of this tour, but couldn't seem to find any; anyone that finds any please let me know, specifically the Vegas show on 10/12. I think there was at least one taper there.

Pat

This is one of my favorite albums of the year--sharp, funny songwriting and catchy music. Dance Yrself Clean and I Can Change are my favorites, but there are so many good songs. I didn't know them at all before this album, but I immediately bought Sound of Silver and the self-titled album, but this one I think is by far the best.

The video for Drunk Girls is absolutely hilarious, too. I can't watch it without busting out laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdRaf3-OEh4