PBS will show a 90-minute special on July 28th of last night's Gershwin Award concert at the White House honoring Paul McCartney.

Most of it sounds great:

Jack White sang Mother Nature's Son, Emmylou Harris sang For No One, Elvis Costello sang Penny Lane, Stevie Wonder sang We Can Work It Out, Dave Grohl sang Band On The Run...

Jerry Seinfeld had a monologue. He analyzed McCartney's lryics, and asked McCartney what he meant by the lyric "She was just 17, you know what I mean.".....ha!

McCartney sang some of his greats: Let it Be, Eleanor Rigby, Hey Jude and others.

Predicatbably, it sounds like it turned into a love fest for the Obamas, with McCartney singing Michelle for Mrs. Obama, Grohl declaring Sir Paul was his 1st hero and that Obama was his 2nd hero, McCartney sang Ebony and Ivory with Stevie Wonder, McCartney said despite some of the problems going on lately that Obama can be sure that he and billions of others are rooting for him, and then to top it all off, McCartney thanked the Library of Congress for giving him the prestigious award by saying, "After the last eight years, it's great to have a president who knows what a library is".

Jack White sang Mother Nature's Son, Emmylou Harris sang For No One, Elvis Costello sang Penny Lane, Stevie Wonder sang We Can Work It Out...McCartney sang Ebony and Ivory with Stevie Wonder

Love this.

I could do without, however, the Dubya bashing. I understand that he likely ranks in the bottom three Presidents in history, and I rejoiced on January 21, 2009. But he is way too easy a target for cheap laughs, and beating up on the guy gets us basically...nowhere.

Love this.

I could do without, however, the Dubya bashing. I understand that he was the worst President in history, and I rejoiced on January 21, 2009. But he is way too easy a target for cheap laughs, and beating up on the guy gets us basically...nowhere.

Fixed it for you.

My friend, who is a chef, was at the White House the last few days with a group of several other Chicago-based chefs. Is this what he was cooking for?!?!

A friend told me last night that he heard Mr. TanMan (Boehner) wants an apology for the "library" comment. I kinda understand that it might not have been the thing to say, but Jeesh - does that guy have ANY sense of humor at all?

My friend, who is a chef, was at the White House the last few days with a group of several other Chicago-based chefs. Is this what he was cooking for?!?!

I think your friend was invited by the First Lady, who has been conferring with top chefs from around the nation, to help schools serve up better food for kids, to fight obesity.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100604/ap_on_he_me/us_white_house_top_chefs

I think it is a shame and disgraceful to bash ANY President at the White House.

I think it is okay for a citizen from a democratic country to publically criticize their own leader, past or present, when they are a guest of that government; but it is very rude and undiplomatic to be criticizing someone else's government when you are an invited guest of that government. Equally it would be rude for an American celebrity, say, invited by the Queen, to be criticizing the British government past or present while on an official visit. (Except maybe in a joke about the Revolutionary War, when Britain and the US shared the same government.)

I am a big critic of G. Bush, but Paul McCartney was out of line.