Anyone have any non-Wilco hobbies!

My husband commented last night that I need to find a new favourite band... I was only wearing a Wilco T whilst listening to YHF whist making supper.

I reminded him that I could have much worse taste in music...

With all due respect to your husband, you do NOT need a new favorite band! There's a reason Wilco inspires such rabidity in its fans. Speaking as someone who has also questioned my lack of balance in music, I've decided to embrace the fact that Wilco is my passion, musically. Yeah, there's lots of other great stuff to listen to (I like Gillian Welch, the Silver Jews, Spoon...) but honestly, nothing else measures up. Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw once: "Can't nobody do you like Jesus." You know which word to substitute!

Oh, if you're English, as your spelling of favourite would imply, you might not get the weirdness of this american southern expression. But if you're listening to YHF, you know it doesn't get much better than that!

With all due respect to your husband, you do NOT need a new favorite band! There's a reason Wilco inspires such rabidity in its fans. Speaking as someone who has also questioned my lack of balance in music, I've decided to embrace the fact that Wilco is my passion, musically. Yeah, there's lots of other great stuff to listen to (I like Gillian Welch, the Silver Jews, Spoon...) but honestly, nothing else measures up. Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw once: "Can't nobody do you like Jesus." You know which word to substitute!

Oh, if you're English, as your spelling of favourite would imply, you might not get the weirdness of this american southern expression. But if you're listening to YHF, you know it doesn't get much better than that!

From Newfoundland actually - what's wrong with my spelling? :) It's frustrating because I can honestly say that I have never had a band that I could call a favourite before - until HE introduced me to Wilco. It took a while but it did rub off on me (please no more comments!) But now I feel like I've intruded on his space - his music thing. He has tried to get me into new stuff like the National, but primarly listens to oh, shall we say, avante-garde jazz, which I find very difficult to get into. I thought he would be happy that we have a common musical interest, but everytime I play Wilco (which is a lot but not horribly often) he says I need to find a new band... sigh...

I bet most husbands on this board would LOVE to have this problem...