Now Playing: September, 2010

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I also have a compilation from a friend of early Bee Gees tunes, compiled from--

f80001vhg2o.jpg

c0782808ky6.jpg

i34811gf0qv.jpg

c58612lhn8j.jpg.

mojo_let_it_be_revisited.jpg

Meh, I like the Besnard Lakes version of I got a Feeling. The Jim Jones Review does a nice Get Back. CW Stoneking does a nice Maggie Mae. Other than that I really don't like much on here. I'm not an easy person to please when it comes to Beatles re-makes.

So far, nothings been posted that's put me in the mood.

Uh, wait...what do you mean?

Pin it?

Neon+Bible.jpg

As I said in the AF thread - this one's a lot better than I remember. Kinda kicking myself for not appreciating it more when it came out. Then again, I'd just had my first kid. Yeah, I just made him the scapegoat.

Hit-and-miss. It's light-and-sunny pop, with just enough reverb and muscle to propel it along. People who are embedded in the Best Coast craze will probably dig it, although it's not nearly as reverb-y and Jenny's voice is 100x better than Bethany's. And the songwriting is catchier. But from a sonic perspective I could see how it'd have appeal.

I miss my country-Jenny, though. I have more thoughts on it here.

p.s. for you, if you dug Gold Motel you'd probably find stuff to like here. ;)

When's this one out? I'd like to hear it.

Neon+Bible.jpg

As I said in the AF thread - this one's a lot better than I remember. Kinda kicking myself for not appreciating it more when it came out. Then again, I'd just had my first kid. Yeah, I just made him the scapegoat.

When's this one out? I'd like to hear it.

Jenny and Johnny's I'm Having Fun Now was released on Tuesday. It's been streaming all week over at Spinner, and probably through the weekend. I'd also recommend checking out the Carl Broemel album over on Spinner too.

http://www.spinner.com/new-releases

513rApfeqAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 61cfZ0qgsLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ronee Blakley - Welcome

The Dillards - Wheatstraw Suite

8694-you-think-you-really-know-me.jpg

Gary Wilson - You Think You Really Know Me