The Time Has Come

Guest Speed Racer

IF the Tupelo gang ever agreed to do some shows together, it would only be because it's something they decided they want to do. Therefore, it would be friendly and amicable and probably well-worth the ticket price to hear some great, great songs live and to see the two together on stage. I'd pay to see it.

Yes, because the long road of reunion tours is paved with warm feelings and good relations. :lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullshit. Jay would schedule a tour right before the induction, Jeff would perform a solo set of UT songs, and Jay would grant a magazine interview 20 years later whining about how Jeff tried to sleep with his wife directly after the performance while Jay was clueless in Topeka. And then he'd write a song about it called Topeka Orion. It would probably have sitar.

yep,,,,,,,,,"Topeka Orion"??? someone may jus' jump on that.....

-Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys - I know you have a Super Furry Animals thread in "Someone Else's Song" section, so it would be best to head over there for more SFA talk. Thanks - this really isn't the thread for that, I'm sure you'll agree.

Back on topic:

Here's what Jay Farrar says about Uncle Tupelo ever performing again from this recent (Nov 4, 2010) interview and article by Sally Hedberg, Arts and Entertainment Writer for the Minnesota Daily

http://www.mndaily.com/2010/11/04/son-gun

Having played in such a significant group and projecting an extensive and intelligent respect for all of the artists who took the stage before him, it’s difficult to picture such a petty feud holding such a lasting power over Farrar. But some things just can’t be helped. Musicheads won’t be privileged to an Uncle Tupelo reunion show any time soon.

“It was about the time and the place,” Farrar said. “People want to see a reunion for nostalgia purposes. From my perspective, I don’t want to ever see that happen.”

i think i disagree artists owe fans nothing.i personally would love to have any fans, and i would owe them everything.not just for them but for myself.if you owe your fans nothing your only playing to make money.i dont know this but it does seem tweedy has dropped the musically creative side for making more commercially marketable music that he doesnt have to drain himself to come up with,but at the same time for "fans".but i guess when your pushing yourself to make music your proud of, thats all that matters.i see both sides i suppose or maybe its what pushes you at the beginning,making music to have fans.he sure as fuck doesnt owe us a UT reunion, but an album more average then wta,yes.time goes on though so if wta sells better then summerteeth,why put in more effort then needed.let the ball keep rolling.*im sure ive contradicted myself, but every musician would like to touch someone with their music.perhaps i just disagree with the phrasing artists owe fans nothing.