The Zooey Deschanel Appreciation Thread

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

low. i think the point of the article is how surprisingly responsible she is with her money.

When she's on set or on tour, her food is mostly free, so $500 is pretty realistic. You'd think TMZ would know about things such as craft service/catering and buyouts.

I think the point is that you'd expect a Zooey Deschanel type to be dropping at least a couple of hundred bucks on a restaurant meal, at least once a week, just for social/being-seen-out-and-about purposes. I'd have expected her grocery bill to be lower, and her restaurant expenses to be higher.

And this is totally bitchy of me, but I know people who make a lot less than she does, who donate in the neighborhood of $1500/month to charity.

I think the point is that you'd expect a Zooey Deschanel type to be dropping at least a couple of hundred bucks on a restaurant meal, at least once a week, just for social/being-seen-out-and-about purposes. I'd have expected her grocery bill to be lower, and her restaurant expenses to be higher.

That makes sense for celebrities in general, but for someone who never seems to be in any of the tabloids, or photographed candidly by the paprazzi, I assume she lives a pretty quiet life when she's not working. Maybe I just don't read the right magazines.

$500 is super low, though. My wife and I can easily spend that much dining out in a week, and we rarely go anywhere particularly nice.

Agreed (at several parties this holiday season, it was remarked upon that most of my friends are public sector and/or non-profit types; not a capitalist among us :) ). And I do a lot of sponsored walks/runs/etc., and I'm always grateful when people help out, with any amount. I guess my comment was more on the generosity of some people I know personally, rather than meant as a slam on Zooey or anyone else.

(And I like to tell myself that if I was earning that kind of money, I'd be incredibly generous, but realistically, I'm pretty sure this is a more likely outcome:

cast-of-absolutely-fabulous-0.jpg