My Morning Jacket

So how did they work in the Louisville Youth Orchestra? My daughter played in the Central Kentucky version (CKYO), and she was especially jealous...

The orchestra worked great. They were on the back of the stage and elevated about 6 feet higher. They didn't "overuse" them as seen below. Wax Fang was really good but there was a ridiculous amount of feedback coming through a speaker on the left side of the stage about twenty feet from my ear for about 5 songs. It was so bad the whole floor applauded when they fixed it. I felt bad for those guys, they were dressed as Tron and ready to jam but the feedback was really pissing them off. People were dressed up and the city was rocking. Jim even did Bermuda Highway dressed as Col. Sanders with a chicken band. My highlight would have to be a 16:21 min. Dondante... I would describe it as face melting.

1. Wordless Chorus (+ LYSO)

2. Evil Urges (+ LYSO)

3. Gideon ( + LYSO)

4. The Way That He Sings (+ LYSO)

5. Heartbreakin Man

6. Golden

7. Thank You Too! (+ LYSO)

8. Evelyn Is Not Real

9. Anytime

10. Mahgeetah

11. Carried Away

12. Wonderful (The Way I Feel)

13. I'm Amazed

14. Circuital

15. Dondante

16. Smokin From Shootin

17. (end of) Run Thru

18. Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt.2

19. (end of) Lay Low

20. Phone Went West

----------

21. Bermuda Highway (+ LYSO)

22. Librarian (+ LYSO)

23. Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt.1

24. Highly Suspicious

25. Off The Record

26. Move On Up (Curtis Mayfield) (+ LYSO)

27. One Big Holiday

Holy cow, indeed -- looks like a great show. I saw MMJ a couple weeks ago at Levon Helm's Midnight Ramble, and they just about lifted the roof off the place. Levon's band, with Donald Fagen sitting in on keys and vocals, weren't too bad either...

"weren't too bad" -- :lol

That was the second greatest show I've seen all year ... and I can't wait to go back to Woodstock for another Levon Ramble. I stood just above Donald Fagen's keyboards and looked down at the master. Black Friday blew my mind!

I want to know when Wilco will be invited to a Ramble. :whoo :worship

MMJ were terrific that night as always. I'm kicking myself that I didn't just stay in the NY area and attend night #1 in NYC on Monday. But just couldn't do it, responsibilities etc. :hmm

Nothing more satisfying than seeing MMJ here in my hometown, their hometown, before 10,000 plus people in a total lovefest to the city. A really good Louisville band as an opener, the Louisville Youth Orchestra who performed above and beyond all night, the local village, the new arena, downtown Louisville was jumping before and after the show. It made me feel downright some serious pride. I saw MMJ for the first time close to ten years ago, and even then you got the sense that they were way too big for the tiny clubs they were playing, after Friday night I go a step further and say that they're to big for arenas. Their songs are larger than life and this show proved to me that that Madison Square Garden show a few years back was no fluke, they owned the arena. The set touched on all corners of the catalog and played like three hours of greatest hits (they're all hits!). Epic night all around.

Uhhh...wow.

:lol well put!

i saw a pic of the finale: all the band dressed like col. sanders, the squallis (sp?) puppeteers...

wish i could have been there! (darn those friday shows :ohwell )

greg, i didn't know the arena was so huge! holy toledo.

I stood just above Donald Fagen's keyboards and looked down at the master. Black Friday blew my mind!

"don't look at the setlist!"

"too late."

:cheers

"weren't too bad" -- :lol

That was the second greatest show I've seen all year ... and I can't wait to go back to Woodstock for another Levon Ramble. I stood just above Donald Fagen's keyboards and looked down at the master. Black Friday blew my mind!

I want to know when Wilco will be invited to a Ramble. :whoo :worship

MMJ were terrific that night as always. I'm kicking myself that I didn't just stay in the NY area and attend night #1 in NYC on Monday. But just couldn't do it, responsibilities etc. :hmm

Not to hijack BUT Holy Shit! That sounds incredible. I am sooooo jealous! :realmad :cheekkiss

:lol well put!

i saw a pic of the finale: all the band dressed like col. sanders, the squallis (sp?) puppeteers...

wish i could have been there! (darn those friday shows :ohwell )

greg, i didn't know the arena was so huge! holy toledo.

"don't look at the setlist!"

"too late."

:cheers

The arena seats 22,000 for basketball or 17,500 for a fully sold-out concert. For MMJ they didn't sale tickets for the upper arena at all. They have a very clever system of blocking it off with long, black drapes that make it seem intimate, even though there are technically 7-8,000 empty seats. You really couldn't even tell those seats existed. The fricking Eagles sold out the whole damn place of course.