Down WIth Wilco vinyl

I have been watching for this record at least bi-weekly for the last couple of years on Ebay and Amazon. There had been one used copy sitting on Amazon for a quite a while for 49 bucks + shipping and I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger despite my love of the album. So to make a short story long I do a Amazon search the other day and voila...there it is for $16.99 brand new. 23 days later and it has shipped!!! (For those of you that don't use Amazon 23 days for something to ship is about 4 years in regular customer service time.) I apologize for sandbagging and not mentioning something earlier but I have been screwed on this record before and I remember last year when someone posted the Mermaid vinyls were available somewhere across the pond and they were gobbled up in a matter of minutes, literally. Twice I have purchased this record online from different sites only to have them email me days later and say "oops, we don't have that any more." So as of 3/21 at 9:00 EST they claim to have "one in stock, more on the way". Enjoy!

Is this the vinyl with the most egregious typos ever in the liner notes? I remember thinking it must have been intentional, they were so bad. But I believe Scott McCaughey is on the record saying they weren't.

My CD copy has a couple of liner note errors as well, the lyrics of Daggers Drawn run twice and they aren't any for Groove Supply.

--Mike

Got an email from Yep Roc about this today, and this line stuck out in particular.

"Combining the art of collaborative recording with the craft of precision lacquer sculpture (and with 5 previously unreleased tracks not available on CD), this lovingly crafted, 180-gram vinyl tour de force is sure to remain a family keepsake for years to come."

Anyone know what the 5 previously unreleased tracks are?? I'd love to hear those. I've always only listened to the CD.

side 4 is:

1. Lyrical Stance (I've Got A)

2. Formerly Hail Centurion

3. One More Bottle To Go

4. Something or Nothing

5. The Days of Wine and Booze

there's also a couple of mix differences in the album proper on the vinyl version (i only remember one offhand, going into track 3, but i thought there was another)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...