Now Playing: July/August 2011

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey PopTodd, I thought of you Saturday night when Eef Barzelay from Clem Snide was in my city and played a solo show (after having performed the prior night with the Ft. Wayne Philharmonic which was awesome).

He did a bunch of Journey covers because they have been recording a "Clem Snide covers Journey" thing for fans, and then broke into ... *drum roll* ... Neutral Milk Hotel "Aeroplane Over the Sea" which soooo caught me off guard, and blew me away it was so beautiful. Never thought I'd be hearing that song that night.

Hey PopTodd, I thought of you Saturday night when Eef Barzelay from Clem Snide was in my city and played a solo show (after having performed the prior night with the Ft. Wayne Philharmonic which was awesome).

He did a bunch of Journey covers because they have been recording a "Clem Snide covers Journey" thing for fans, and then broke into ... *drum roll* ... Neutral Milk Hotel "Aeroplane Over the Sea" which soooo caught me off guard, and blew me away it was so beautiful. Never thought I'd be hearing that song that night.

I don't know much of his music, but what I do know is so very cool.

He seems very cool.

Plus, his name is Eef. Which is cool.

True Widow: As High As The Highest Heavens And From The Center To The Circumference Of The Earth

Just discovered this band when I saw they were opening for Kurt Vile at the 40 Watt in August (attending).

Really digging them.. The music is very slow, sort of stoner rock'ish but with incredibly loud, gritty guitars tuned way down. Some have compared them to Low. I guess they resemble them but they are much louder and less boring.

true%20widow%20cover.jpg