Is there a ViaChicago room on turntable.fm? I haven't found one yet but the site is kinda buggy for me at times. Been having a blast on it for the past week or so though--with all the musical knowledge on this board I'm sure we could get a lively room going for those interested.

There doesn't appear to be a "Via Chicago" one, though there are a couple of (empty) ones that are Wilco-themed.

Funny, I was just on that site and bitching about the crappy options for the currently active rooms. I'll have time to "play" in a couple of hrs... but in the meantime, you can create one & hopefully others will join.

What the hell IS turnable.fm?

You of all people will love turntable.fm. DJ while you work!

no one's in there.

I'll go get this party started. Jump in everybody!

I've been politely locked out of the party due to living in the wrong place. Is it something like last.fm?

It's been a while since I used last.fm... but at this site, you join a "room" that has (usually) 5 DJs playing songs. Rooms are usually themed by genre, etc. You can like/dislike songs that get played & there's a chat feature to discuss the songs or whatever. If a song is rated too low (35%, I think) it gets skipped. DJs get points based on how well their songs are liked.

that's about it, nothing elaborate... but pretty damn addicting if you get into an active room with good djs.

edit: forgot to mention that anyone can be a DJ... you just have to wait for a spot to free up.

Everytime I've checked the ViaChicago room there's nobody in there. I'm gonna pop in now and hope someone jumps in.

Just got my invite.

I'm filling my playlist now. Let's see how this goes!

Just got my invite.

I'm filling my playlist now. Let's see how this goes!

It's a fun site. See you in there...

Pop into the Via Chicago room so we can start spinning tunes Todd.

I tried to log in today, but apparently none of my facebook friends are on. Is there a invite that people can send?

So, if you have to have a FB friend in there, how did the first handfuil of people get in?

This is a dangerously addictive site. So social, too.

And a lot of fun! I've been spinning a lot of tunes with GtrPlyr. Thanks for the invite!