pretty similar to rdio (i bit the bullet & paid for the $9/month subscription to spotify). i really hate their 'library' structure though. it's not really focused on an artist's collection/full albums. it's more just what you star or add to a playlist. the thing it has over rdio (haven't tried mog) is how fast songs start, especially on mobile. crazy fast. quality seems decent too.

really? i've noticed their mobile app to be slower than Rdio for me... maybe it's because of iOS5 beta tho

yeah, on my EVO (just using 3g, not 4g), songs will start playing almost instantly with spotify. there's almost 5-10 seconds before rdio will start playing

pretty similar to rdio (i bit the bullet & paid for the $9/month subscription to spotify). i really hate their 'library' structure though. it's not really focused on an artist's collection/full albums. it's more just what you star or add to a playlist. the thing it has over rdio (haven't tried mog) is how fast songs start, especially on mobile. crazy fast. quality seems decent too.

i've never done a streaming service, so i jumped in on this one. i'm having fun. almost too much music. i'll probably cancel in a few months and get back to cds though. i always do...after torrents, itunes etc.

Believe all the hype. Spotify is awesome.

it is fun, but i'm probably gonna hop out after this month. it's the same issue i have had with digital music since the onset. i don't like it. i much prefer to focus on a few artists and their real world content (cds, merch.) rather than have too much stuff to listen to. i will say that spotify is almost there when it comes to managing digital music.

it is fun, but i'm probably gonna hop out after this month. it's the same issue i have had with digital music since the onset. i don't like it. i much prefer to focus on a few artists and their real world content (cds, merch.) rather than have too much stuff to listen to. i will say that spotify is almost there when it comes to managing digital music.

I find spotify to be awful for managing digital music. Rdio is so much better for managing your digital collection. It actually categorizes by artist and album. Spotify seems more focused on playlists, which I really don't use very often.

I find spotify to be awful for managing digital music. Rdio is so much better for managing your digital collection. It actually categorizes by artist and album. Spotify seems more focused on playlists, which I really don't use very often.

good point. spotify search results are pretty messy too. they need artist pages with albums in order. never tried RDIO. spotify still suffers from the big issue in digital music. it doesn't have it all...no zep, no beatles. the record companies know what's gonna keep making money.

I can definitely see that perspective, sometimes the vast amount of music available can be overwhelming. My biggest complaint about the service so far though is the interface, it does seem a little half finished, especially when browsing for music. But the service itself is great for what it is. I went ahead and got the $9.99 premium plan so I could listen on my phone and without ads, it seems worth it so far.

Just tried the free version today and was back in iTunes in about an hour. My problem is that I never know what I want to listen to, so I browse through my iTunes until I see something that feels right. Having to search prior to listening ruins the whole deal for me.

Also, it kept stopping mid-album to "play an ad," but no ad played and the next song wouldn't play - the message said, "[song title] will start after your ad has played." I had to quit the program and restart four times within however long that latest Battles record is. Not that fun, really.

And maybe this is just how sloppy their search results are, but it seemed like a lot of albums were only partial albums. Strange and a deal breaker if that's the case.

Just tried the free version today and was back in iTunes in about an hour. My problem is that I never know what I want to listen to, so I browse through my iTunes until I see something that feels right. Having to search prior to listening ruins the whole deal for me.

Also, it kept stopping mid-album to "play an ad," but no ad played and the next song wouldn't play - the message said, "[song title] will start after your ad has played." I had to quit the program and restart four times within however long that latest Battles record is. Not that fun, really.

And maybe this is just how sloppy their search results are, but it seemed like a lot of albums were only partial albums. Strange and a deal breaker if that's the case.

right. aside from not having everything, the partial album deal sucks. i find i'm most satisfied if i listen to the band i'm thinking of rather than search. searching can be a nightmare of choice on these streaming sites. i'm happy with my wilco, jay farrar and neil young cds:)

I got a free trial through Bob Lefsetz so I'm trying it out. I don't love listening though my computer anyway, and the partial album thing is annoying. I am listening to some things that I wouldn't have otherwise, so there's that. I don't know yet if I'm going to keep it.

I got a free trial through Bob Lefsetz so I'm trying it out. I don't love listening though my computer anyway, and the partial album thing is annoying. I am listening to some things that I wouldn't have otherwise, so there's that. I don't know yet if I'm going to keep it.

yeah, it's fun to listen to a bunch of random stuff that i would never buy....huh, sounds like torrenting :-)

after really trying to use spotify for a few days, it's just not for me. the UI is god awful, trying to find an album (not single or playlist!) that i've added is beyond pointless. i don't want to create a playlist for every artist-album. rdio works so much better in that respect. if spotify had come to the US like a year or two ago, it'd be cool but after using rdio for so long, spotify isn't doing it for me. granted, if you're just using the free version of spotify it's worht it. but paying $9 a month is not. much rather give that $9 monthly fee to rdio.

I'm trying out the free version today. All I'm really hoping for is that it fills in some of the holes in overall content of my MOG subscription, which I prefer so far. The UI does feel a little half-finished. Are there really partial albums, though?

I'm trying out the free version today. All I'm really hoping for is that it fills in some of the holes in overall content of my MOG subscription, which I prefer so far. The UI does feel a little half-finished. Are there really partial albums, though?

I've only found a handful of albums that were missing a track. Like 3 or 4 out of the few hundred I have searched for.

I started buying vinyl in high school about 10 years ago, and basically missed the whole digital thing. Ive never downloaded or used a streaming service. I signed up for spotify, and it has been really cool to use at work. I have been searching for things people have told me I would like, but I never forked out to try on vinyl.

So far Dinosaur Jr's Bug has shot to the top of my to buy list, followed by the raconteurs records, some sonic youth and a few other things.

I have had no bugs that some of you speak of, and it works really fast. I have an old fashioned cell phone, but will likely get one of those nuclear launch, astro control center fancy ones soon, and will probably get the subscription service to go with it.

So far it's been pretty good as a free service I can use at work. Since I generally just listen to whole albums, the ads get on my nerves a little. But since I have trouble streaming MOG on my work computer, a free Spotify comes in handy. I also haven't come across any partial albums yet.

So far it's been pretty good as a free service I can use at work. Since I generally just listen to whole albums, the ads get on my nerves a little. But since I have trouble streaming MOG on my work computer, a free Spotify comes in handy. I also haven't come across any partial albums yet.

it is good for work. my problem is that i'm constantly changing my mind on what i want to hear. the age of instant gratification.

I played around w/ it last night. Dumped about 4,000 songs in one playlist to play on shuffle. Just searched by artists and/or album and filled it up. If I can download on my computer at school, I will use the heck out of it. Some artists have pretty ltd or non-existent catalogs, but overall I enjoy it so far. I think the ads are maybe a bit less frequent than Pandora. I like Pandora for the randomness and the ability to discover artists, but I will probably take to spotify to listen to what I want to.

• 3 weeks later...