Stage collapse at Ottawa Bluesfest

Yeah, bobfrombob was about 3 rows from the stage and it scared him so much he started referring to himself in the third person. Despite how it's being reported about Bluesfest evacuating the site, Cheap Trick just left the stage. I guess from their vantage point, they had a much better look at the sky and could see it coming. They were only about 20 minutes into their set and pretty much ran off the stage. There was no evidence of Bluesfest evacuating the site from my vantage point until the stage went down. It started collapsing about 5 seconds after they ran off and as you can see in the video, it didn't take long. Amazing to me more people weren't hurt. No word yet how Rick Neilson's guitars made out.

Damn, that's scary. I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often considering how many temporary stages are constantly being set up (and usually half-assedly inspected) all over the world and loaded with extremely heavy equipment.

That's really scary stuff. Hopefully all the injured will recoop quickly and completely. I'm a CT fan, so I'm glad they're ok and also hope Nielsen's guitar collection was not damaged. Back in May I opted to skip Wilco at the Memphis Musicfest due to severe thunderstorms. I was afraid something like this would happen that day, but thankfully all was fine.

Stuff like this scares me a bit, especially as someone who goes to Bonnaroo every year. There hasn't been any weather incidents in the 10 years so far, but being a 4 day festival in the middle of Tennessee in June, it isn't hard to imagine something involving high winds, or god forbid lightning, happening there. A great example is the Tornado/Microurst that hit Delfest in Maryland a few years ago and tore some of the stages.