Kicking Television video on VH1 website

Stumbled upon this video online and traced it back.

So, here is Wilco's "artist page" on the VH1 website:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/wilco_1/artist.jhtml

Under the Music Videos headline there are a couple videos including a pro-shot live performance of Kicking Television. Just curious as to whether anyone knows what this was shot for? If I'm not mistaken I believe KT was originally going to be a concert film as well but the idea ended up being scrapped. Might this be some footage from that? Judging by their haircuts and the fact that the video was posted January 3rd, 2006 it seems to be right after AGIB was released.

I thought we were all at the Friday show.

I was at the Friday show, too. Those shows were indeed recorded for the aborted concert DVD. The director, Sam Jones, gave me a dollar for looking cool while standing in line on the sidewalk.

You have a mind like a steel trap.

I had to look it up. They didn't play that song on Saturday, they played it on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. So I figured we must have been there on a Friday. And then I remembered I have a file that lists all the setlists of shows I have been to over the years. But - I had the date wrong on the Wilco show we were at. It was the 6th, not the 5th. And I have that ticket somewhere. But I forgot about that.