Surprise match on Netflix for Wilco

Plaster Caster(2001) NR

Chicago artist and groupie Cynthia Plaster Caster -- who preserved rock-and-roll history in her own unique way by casting in plaster (hence her name) the private parts of the famous musicians she slept with -- dishes about her wild past with the help of Camille Paglia, artist Ed Pashke and some of the men she may (or may not) have memorialized: Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys, Paul Barker of Ministry and Jeff Tweedy of Wilco

Somehow I'm thinking that Jeff is probably in the 'may not' category...

Forget the film...sound like Peanut's got a story

Oh crap, I had never heard about this. I work a little part-time job at an amazing independent video store, and I just found out that we have this. I'll be checking it out tonight and will post a full report.

Not getting my hopes "up" (so to speak) though I would love to see that on my mantel. :rolleyes

I'm betting if I had posted a more provocative Thread topic line, along the lines of 'Jeff plaster casted?' we might have seen an appearance by Sue.

I do love my JT, but I prefer that he keeps the little "tweedy" to himself. The idea of it just disturbs the heck outta me.

And I'm surprised that Jeff would even make their "to do" list. I figured they would focus on fellas whose reputations are a bit more scandalous. Who's "mini mes" have seen more action -- and variety -- than Jeff. He's pretty well known for being happily married.

But I bet he was flattered.

OK, I watched this dick. . er, doc. . . tonight. Jeff didn't make it in the film itself, but he had a pretty extended deleted scene. It was backstage before a show--not sure of the timeframe, but Sue mentioned the Spin article, which seemed about right. It was actually a kind of touching little segment--lots of good humor all around. Cynthia asked about casting his banana and he said he didn't have any backstage but posed with a pretzel rod instead. He was very sweet and respectful to her--it was one of the few scenes where I wasn't cringing. Sue was funny--she said something about his fans being obsessed enough without seeing his manly girth!

Overall, a kind of unsettling movie, but very watchable because of the unique subject matter. I didn't realize that Cynthia Plaster Caster was from Chicago, but that would explain the Jeff appearance. He seemed to have met her back "before he was a rock star" (his words).

Rent it if you can find it. Bizarre and fascinating. And yes, Jimi Hendrix was impressive!

. I didn't realize that Cynthia Plaster Caster was from Chicago,

She is out and about at shows and other events from time to time. I have not seen this movie either. I guess I should give it a spin.

LouieB