With some of the other songs getting their own topic I feel like this one deserves it's own (especially since I've seen some negative reactions). I feel like it's one of the most subtly beautiful songs on The Whole Love. It has many shades of Nick Drake and kind of hearkens back to Wishful Thinking. I find it to be one of their most moving songs of this type I've heard. Any other fans of this one?

Saw a rising red lung

glisten under the sun

I wonder when it will pop in the snow

The melody is a mistake

An embrace at the wake

How long does it take

for us to know

One wake that's been blown (?)

by something unknown

buried under a mile

of snow

found a fix for the fits

come listen to this

as intimate as a kiss

over a phone

and it goes...

Found a fix for the fits

come listen to this

it's buried under the hiss

and it glows

like a powerful smile

car radio dial

as intimate as a kiss

over a phone

and it goes...

I also heard lots of Nick Drake in the early parts of the song, probably the low vocals and the guitar tuned really low (Whole thing tuned a step down, drop C). Also reminds me of some of the quieter moments off of In Rainbows (House of Cards, Nude, Faust Arp).

After a week with the album I find that I come back to this song the most. There's just something really moving about this track. And yeah, when it finally breaks at 2:26 its amazing. Almost like a more subdued Muzzle of Bees. I hope they don't shy away from this one during live shows.

After a week with the album I find that I come back to this song the most. There's just something really moving about this track. And yeah, when it finally breaks at 2:26 its amazing. Almost like a more subdued Muzzle of Bees. I hope they don't shy away from this one during live shows.

Totally.

Hmm I posted that about Black Moon recently, I'll have to listen to both of them to determine their respective degrees of muzzle-ness.