Detroit (Fillmore Theater) Pre-sale

I was so excited to get through on the pre-sale, and my work site internet filtered the confirmation page, but the tickets are GA? What is the purpose of a presale for GA? I went from elation to ho-hum very quickly. Does anyone know if the presale GA tickets offer any advantage on day of the show? I am happy and thankful that Wilco is coming Michigan.

I can't believe this show is general admission. I've never been to the Fillmore - is there seating? My wife is disabled and there's no way she can stand for an entire concert.

On top of that, I went home this morning from work to purchase these tickets at 10 EST, the time listed on Wilco's 'shows' page. They went on sale at 10 CST. I missed an extra hour of work that I now have to make up.

I can't believe this show is general admission. I've never been to the Fillmore - is there seating? My wife is disabled and there's no way she can stand for an entire concert.

From the pics I have seen the Filmore does in fact have seating ... its just up front that is not

From the pics I have seen the Filmore does in fact have seating ... its just up front that is not

I have seen a comedy show there, and they put folding chairs in the front stage area, and we had specific seats in the balcony. I doubt that will be the case for Wilco. I went to Wilco's Royal Oak Music Theater show in 2009 which is a similar set up to the Fillmore and they did not put their chairs out (would have been foolish to do so). But there is seating for those desire, I just wonder if you can buy those seats. At ROMT, my wife wanted to go the balcony where there were seats.

I had the same question after making my purchase. What I have been able to determine is this: the Fillmore has GA on the main floor (standing room only) and in the balcony (seats - and it's pretty large). There is a Mezzanine and a Loge section that has assigned seats that will be up for sale on Friday, presumably. I can confirm this - I sat in the Loge for the Avett Brothers. From the scraps of information that I could find it is possible that the configuration of the GA changes from show to show -- so I would say that the floor is certainly GA and the balcony is probably GA, but not certainly. There is also some evidence (comments from past concert goers) that there are separate tickets for the balcony and the main floor (GA, but you can only be in the area you have a ticket for). Looking at another show coming up there in October they are selling in 4 areas: mainfloor GA, mezzanine reserved, loge reserved and balcony GA -- which would support that.

So that leaves the big question for those of us who bought the presale GA - are they main floor or balcony? I swear I remember when I was purchasing them I saw mainfloor somewhere on one of the screens - but I may have been projecting. Obviously the receipt just says "presale GA". If they turn out to be balcony or if I have to get in line early to get the mainfloor or something goofy like that I am not going to be happy.

I have never had such a hard time getting as decent ticket for a show! Presale on Wednesday was a bust despite being on site and ready to go at 10. So tickets for the public just went on sale 20 minutes ago. Despite again being on line with ticketmaster at 10 am sharp, the best I could do was 2 GA tickets for the floor. Where the hell arethe mezzanine and loge tickets? Was hoping to take my 12 year old son to his first Wilco show, but dont feel comfortable with him on a GA floor. Anyone know how I can land a reserved seat?

I have never had such a hard time getting as decent ticket for a show! Presale on Wednesday was a bust despite being on site and ready to go at 10. So tickets for the public just went on sale 20 minutes ago. Despite again being on line with ticketmaster at 10 am sharp, the best I could do was 2 GA tickets for the floor. Where the hell arethe mezzanine and loge tickets? Was hoping to take my 12 year old son to his first Wilco show, but dont feel comfortable with him on a GA floor. Anyone know how I can land a reserved seat?

I think they're sold out. I was only able to get singles as buying 2 or 3 were a no-go.

I never saw a choice for loge, only mezzanine. So I suspect the loge is part of the GA balcony section and not reserved.

Decided to break out the wallet and go to StubHub. Got Mezzanine 3, row C. Expensive, but worth it for my sons first Wilco show!

I've now got 2 GA tickets I'll be listing here on VC

Have to do the same thing for my daughters. Want them to see a great band before they get burned by inferior bands as they get older. I am working on finding thre or four together for Chicago on subhub. On presale best I could do was one ticket. Stubhub? Six in a row, in a box, 475 each. Pissed. Somehow scalpers can beat any safety measures put up. The two ticket limit, plus captcha, locked me out. It was the perfect setup with software to pop captcha did better than we did. Dirtbags.