Chicago public on-sale?

I was in on the second that they went on sale, got through the selection and capta very quickly, and was shut out. Something doesn't seem right.

I agree. Something's amiss here, unless they were able to sell a majority of tickets through the pre-sale. I expect them to announce a second show this morning given how quickly it seems to have sold out. I was able to get two tickets together in the dress circle at about 10:10 am.

I hope everyone was able to get tickets - no matter how close to the stage. I've never been to a rock show at the Civic Opera House, but I have a feeling the sound will be great anywhere you sit, even in the nosebleeds, so don't get too upset about seat location.

Those of you who didn't get any - if you wait it out closer to the show you can probably snag one on craigslist for near face value. Not everyone that resells tickets are evil, just the ones who have 3rd row tickets for $500 on Stubhub after a will call only Wilco presale.

Indeed pretty fishy that I couldn't pull a pair at the exact onsale time and getting through the CAPTCHA right away on the first try.

Then I was able to pull all kinds of different single tickets. Ended up with a mezzanine which is a great view

We could not process your ticket request:

•  
    Why did this occur?
    • Your ticket request exceeded the published ticket limit for this event.
    • This purchase combined with your previous purchases for this event exceeds the published ticket limit

Ticketmaster - How did I exceed the "ticket request" when the the quantity per person is set @ 4? And how does my non-purchase exceed my "previous" non-purchase since I've been locked out of your system since 10:00:15 AM?

Ticketmaster - Why?

Guest McGuffin

I got home just now (1 p.m.) and there's apparently nothing left.

They'll add a second show. They always do. It's just a matter of whether the venue can accommodate it. Surely they can.

Guest McGuffin

The opera season ends on December 11. Wilco is there on the12th, and there is nothing scheduled for the rest of the month. So, a good chance indeed.

You would have to figure. They've always added a second show.

Someone in the other thread was saying the 400 tickets on Stubhub equals a quarter of the tickets. The opera house only holds 1600? That seems small.

You would have to figure. They've always added a second show.

Someone in the other thread was saying the 400 tickets on Stubhub equals a quarter of the tickets. The opera house only holds 1600? That seems small.

yeah i guess i was wrong, it holds like 3,600! I didn't realize it was that big

We could not process your ticket request:

•  

Why did this occur?
    • Your ticket request exceeded the published ticket limit for this event.
    • This purchase combined with your previous purchases for this event exceeds the published ticket limit

Ticketmaster - How did I exceed the "ticket request" when the the quantity per person is set @ 4? And how does my non-purchase exceed my "previous" non-purchase since I've been locked out of your system since 10:00:15 AM?

Ticketmaster - Why?

I got this also. Pissed. I would have tried for two. Ended up with two in row q, lower balcony. I have heard it is a very intimate place, no seat is a bad seat, but was shut out thursday, got one ticket and then two friday (got two at 10:18) and nothing today. I promised my two daughters i would take them. Something stinks about the ticket distribution. Wilco can only do so much, and I love the fact they take their fans interest seriously, but I think scalpers are always one step ahead. Sickby what I see on stub hub and ebay now. I wouldmuch prefer three tickets together, my daughters are 11 and 16, but refuse to give the scalping scum the license, encouragement, and funds to do it to me next time. Really unhappy though. While I was battling captcha some dirtbag with software that can beat captcha and whatever else they throw at these guys.