Now Playing: October 2011

40147224.jpg
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a classic album cover. Needs no introduction.

No. That's exactly the opposite of what we're doing in this thread. We can't naturally assume there's some sort of general consensus that everyone agrees. The last thing we want to do here is to intimidate a neophyte or a newcomer to the board.

That album is Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures. It's a superb album.

51RpO14hrsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg SNAJ728CD-353x350.png

Johnny Burnette Trio - Rockbilly Boogie

Jimmy Reed - The Essential Boss Man: The Very Best of the Vee-Jay Years, 1953-1966.

51tIp4ReISL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think I always say this when you post it, but what an album! I brought it back out this week when I found out she's got a new one coming early 2012 (there's a single out there, called Puts Me To Work. It would easily fit right on Me Oh My). Talented woman. She's opening for St. Vincent in the US right now, so hopefully she gets some new fans out of the deal.

header.jpg

Hadn't heard about this Deerhoof/Tweedys 45 till I happened upon it at the record store tonight.

41F%2BhaAkUiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg41ttniiDGPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

519Vg54naAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg61oHuiN3yeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61jRG-ENGNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think I always say this when you post it, but what an album! I brought it back out this week when I found out she's got a new one coming early 2012 (there's a single out there, called Puts Me To Work. It would easily fit right on Me Oh My). Talented woman. She's opening for St. Vincent in the US right now, so hopefully she gets some new fans out of the deal.

Yeah, this is one of those albums that I liked from the get-go, but has grown on me more and more over time. A really great one.

Hopefully, while she's here in the US, I'll get to see her!

(Yeah, right.)

Thanks for the heads-up on the new record.