Now Playing: October 2011

How is it? I watched the film last night. Very interesting in the film concept and footage used; the segment where they covered the topic of the various drummers throughout their career was particularly amusing. I hope the DVD will have a bonus disc with full performances. On the downside, there doesn't seem to be anything too revelatory in what info was used in the film that hasn't already been mentioned throughout the years in news and magazine interviews. Still an entertaining viewing.

PJTwenty-Soundtrack.jpg

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam Twenty [soundtrack]

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it? I watched the film last night. Very interesting in the film concept and footage used; the segment where they covered the topic of the various drummers throughout their career was particularly amusing. I hope the DVD will have a bonus disc with full performances. On the downside, there doesn't seem to be anything too revelatory in what info was used in the film that hasn't already been mentioned throughout the years in news and magazine interviews. Still an entertaining viewing.

It just seems like a mess of a collection to soundtrack the movie. There's the live stuff and demo stuff placed against one another, and it's not like any of it is awful: just that as a whole, it doesn't feel right. Even as a Pearl Jam fan, the entire thing feels like a giant incohesive mess. Keep in mind I still haven't seen the documentary yet.

rpm288.jpg

Yeah, that Ty Segall album is growing on me the more I listen.

Fly-Me-Courageous.jpg

I loved that record. It's been a while since I've heard it. (Used to have it on cassette, back when I was in college.)

Wonder if it still holds up.

o822854[1].jpg

Yes, that's Paul Williams 2nd from left on the cover.

o822854[1].jpg

Yes, that's Paul Williams 2nd from left on the cover.

Looks like Mo Tucker.

But, this snippet from the AllMusic writeup intrigues me:

Richard Perry produced

He also produced 2 of Nilsson's best records. I think that I'm gonna have to check this out.

61FYXT4BYJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This past summer the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston had an exhibit on vinyl records and as part of the exhibit they had the original art work for this album. It is a series of Polaroid pictures and is probably at least five feet by five feet. Unfortunately they didn't allow photos ...